Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

31 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Perez was also number one among forward players for tackles, blocks and interceptions in his last two seasons under Rafa.

Bah. That sort of thing only matters for those who try to make the game too complicated with tactics and systems and shit. :bruce:

42 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Perez has been underwhelming at Leicester, but he did help them to win the FA cup.

Perez was never any world beater even for us, hence why he got quite a bit of stick from the crowd. But he's a lot less important at Leicester where they now have a far superior squad to us. He'd still be one of our best players by some distance if he was here. 

Perez was never worth 30m. He only ever produced in fits and starts.

I'd have been happy to take that money if we were a normal club where the money would have been added to any budget and reinvested back into the team, on players that fit a system/the manager has identified.

But obviously, that was never the case.

Perez was incredible value for money for us, far more of an unknown entity when we got him. By no means a top tier prem player but definitely solid midtable level striker. He scored some important goals here and didn't take long to integrate and settle. Was gutted when he left personally tbh.

4 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

Perez was incredible value for money for us, far more of an unknown entity when we got him. By no means a top tier prem player but definitely solid midtable level striker. He scored some important goals here and didn't take long to integrate and settle. Was gutted when he left personally tbh.

Was my favourite player for a long time, and gutted was the word for me, too - as much because it confirmed Rafa would be leaving shortly thereafter, too.

I have to say I was surprised he couldn't force his way into a very good Leicester team, and he seems to be little more than a squad player (which is why I hope he goes to Everton.

ASM and Ayoze together would be pure sex.

Wasn't ASM one of the players, like Joelinton, that the club put to Rafa and he didn't want him? Also pretty sure the last time a 'reasonable source' told TF something it was that the takeover was happening.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wasn't ASM one of the players, like Joelinton, that the club put to Rafa and he didn't want him? Also pretty sure the last time a 'reasonable source' told TF something it was that the takeover was happening.

Rafa didn't want him and tbh, couldn't handle him. He doesn't have the man management skills it takes to look after him. Neither does Bruce but Bruce allows him to say and do what he wants as he knows he wins him games. Rafa simply wouldn't put up with it and it'll start with little things then escalate. Rafa would be too stubborn to back down whereas we know Bruce has no spine. Rafa has enough on his plate winning over the fans, he could do without any further potential issues.

This is pretty much why Rafa rejected him. He always talked about a certain character that he wanted, ASM isn't it. Lazy journalism to link him to Rafa's Everton, however if Bruce gets 3 more years it shows the club is going nowhere and he'll be well within his right to request a transfer and leave. With Ashley just thinking of £££ its only a matter of time before a club offers enough for us to move him on.

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Rafa didn't want him and tbh, couldn't handle him. He doesn't have the man management skills it takes to look after him. Neither does Bruce but Bruce allows him to say and do what he wants as he knows he wins him games. Rafa simply wouldn't put up with it and it'll start with little things then escalate. Rafa would be too stubborn to back down whereas we know Bruce has no spine. Rafa has enough on his plate winning over the fans, he could do without any further potential issues.

This is pretty much why Rafa rejected him. He always talked about a certain character that he wanted, ASM isn't it. Lazy journalism to link him to Rafa's Everton, however if Bruce gets 3 more years it shows the club is going nowhere and he'll be well within his right to request a transfer and leave. With Ashley just thinking of £££ its only a matter of time before a club offers enough for us to move him on.

Barnes will be peddling ASM's name around the media to try and engineer some interest in him. I bet that's all this link is.