Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Hope it’s not Everton but you have to think he’s on his way out. That deleted tweet and this unspecified injury all point that way, we’ll probably try and use some of that money to buy Willock and be expected to accept that’s good business. 

9 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

The thing is it was ASM who made most of Willocks goals.  Take ASM out of the side and I fear Willock wont be half as effective as last season!

That's ok, we won't sign Willock anyway.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

The thing is it was ASM who made most of Willocks goals.  Take ASM out of the side and I fear Willock wont be half as effective as last season!

They seemed to click on and off the pitch. Maybe Willock hasn't signed because he knows ASM won't be here.

41 minutes ago, Dokko said:

This is why Rafa wouldn't accept him. 

I think this is overplaying it a bit. I'm pretty sure he would appreciate Rafa a lot more than he does Bruce. I see no attitude problem with him. I don't blame him for staying away and he's doing it quite discreetly. Hardly a disruptive influence, he just wants to play with ambition. Also Rafa wouldn't let him get injured by running him into the ground.

I assumed he'd be sold if we didn't get bought out, and I think that will happen within the next year if the takeover doesn't go through. There'll be enough takers for an impact player like ASM so can't imagine him hanging around much longer if we are struggling again this season. 

Would have thought Wilson would be the same, but at 30 not sure there'll be quite as much interest in him. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

several sublime moments today but his performance was marred by a couple of ridiculous incidents.

hard when he's surrounded by so much shite.

Noticeable thing for me today was the amount of times he came so deep to get the ball (once which led to the goal). 

I quite like the fact that he's got a few small flaws to his game, if he was at his full potential you just know one of the big 6 would come along and sign him to use as an explosive sub. 

The fact that he still has a lot to improve on while still being one of the best players at our club suits me just fine. Our creativity is non existent without him. 

I’m not about to lay blame on him for losing the ball and us conceding as a result. That happens to the best of these creative players and will always happen. The issue with that goal was the piss poor defending at the back post. 

58 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m not about to lay blame on him for losing the ball and us conceding as a result. That happens to the best of these creative players and will always happen. The issue with that goal was the piss poor defending at the back post. 

No I mentioned him losing the ball, but wasn’t laying blame. All of the best players lose the ball at some point just about every game. What I was getting at that he felt the need to come so deep today due to the total lack of ability for our defenders and midfield to give him the ball in effective areas. You can see he has no confidence in either the defence or the midfield to provide that service. Maybe that will change with his mate coming in.

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

No I mentioned him losing the ball, but wasn’t laying blame. All of the best players lose the ball at some point just about every game. What I was getting at that he felt the need to come so deep today due to the total lack of ability for our defenders and midfield to give him the ball in effective areas. You can see he has no confidence in either the defence or the midfield to provide that service. Maybe that will change with his mate coming in.

Yeah, his ability to carry the ball from deep (Willock) should allow ASM to stay higher up and be more dangerous generally again you'd think.  Just consign Shelvey to the fucking bin and things start to look a lot better across the board.

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

It's the Ben Arfa situation all over again

ASM just can't play for 90 minutes with the way he plays. He's brilliant at the start but once it gets to the hour mark you can see that he is knackered, spends a lot of time on his arse appealing for fouls. Be a terrible waste I know but bringing him on for the last half hour when other teams are tiring would be a nice luxury to have

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

ASM just can't play for 90 minutes with the way he plays. He's brilliant at the start but once it gets to the hour mark you can see that he is knackered, spends a lot of time on his arse appealing for fouls. Be a terrible waste I know but bringing him on for the last half hour when other teams are tiring would be a nice luxury to have

He needs to learn to conserve his energy like Shelvey has mastered…