The 2020-21 Betting Thread

Yorkie

I was randomly thinking about building a web app (Maybe just for this thread to use) and was wondering if you guys had any problems when finding the data you need for your bets? Or things that are a bit of a pain to do when researching the data before you bet.

Wullie recommend https://playerstats.football/ when I asked what people used for card data and it's really good. I tend to only do card/SOT bets and the only issue I thought of was although it shows you the percentage for a player to get booked it would be good to have a breakdown of the percentage for two players from each team to both get booked seen as though most people do card doubles.

Let me know :thup:

One thing I wish it was easier/possible to find is players who draw yellow cards. Some players you just know will be targeted from watching so much PL football (ASM, Traore, Grealish) but if I'm betting on a Championship game for example, I wouldn't have a clue most of the time. You can find fouls drawn but it's not really the same.

15 minutes ago, Wullie said:

One thing I wish it was easier/possible to find is players who draw yellow cards. Some players you just know will be targeted from watching so much PL football (ASM, Traore, Grealish) but if I'm betting on a Championship game for example, I wouldn't have a clue most of the time. You can find fouls drawn but it's not really the same.

Yeah that's a good suggestion, I don't think that data exists on any API I guess you could start with just an Excel spreadsheet and add to it each game.

Haven't bet tonight but card doubles are so hard to get, when I first started doing them I thought they were a piece of piss and the odds were ridiculously high :lol:

It's probably profitable if you stick to the good refs, but it's too tempting to just bet on all the televised games.

I'd be interested to see a percentage win ratio for each type of bet.

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Haven't bet tonight but card doubles are so hard to get, when I first started doing them I thought they were a piece of piss and the odds were ridiculously high :lol:

It's probably profitable if you stick to the good refs, but it's too tempting to just bet on all the televised games.

I'd be interested to see a percentage win ratio for each type of bet.

No crowds has made a huge difference, in England more than anywhere. One thing I've noticed in the pandemic is that you hardly ever see handbags, players pushing and shoving and the ref books one each. 

Card bets were profitable at the start of the season. In a lot of cases the bookies got their prices wrong on certain players. The likes of Berge, Cash and Bellerin spring to mind. I think the smaller prices combined with refs such as Atwell and Coote, calming down toward the end of the season have made it less worth while.

I've had a lovely old season (my second most profitable overall and by far my most consistent in terms of building up a profit), however it feels like its starting die on its arse a bit.

I've gone from regular winners, to regularly being one leg short, to being no where fucking near. It is tempting to cut it short and wait for the Euros to roll around.