Jetro Willems (now playing for Heracles)

Newcastle Fan

If we stick with 3 at the back these two won't clash in positions anyhoo, if we switch to 4 then they will.

Think we'll see them both, Dummett left centre half and Jetro left wing back, rotated with Ritchie in the wing back position.

We have 4 centre halves better than PD though. 5 actually.

Aye but one is injured and you need at least 5 to cover 3 positions, common sense to have decent cover.

Guest neesy111

He is dogshite.

The team second half of last season was transformed when we went to wing-backs and two ball playing CBs. Just having Ritchie on the left (who was slightly above average) comfortable on the ball made is so much better. Once Lejeune was injured and Dummett got back in the side, we lost a lot in the way we came out from defence.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

He's not dogshite.  Absolute hyperbole to the max.

He is dogshite.

The team second half of last season was transformed when we went to wing-backs and two ball playing CBs. Just having Ritchie on the left (who was slightly above average) comfortable on the ball made is so much better. Once Lejeune was injured and Dummett got back in the side, we lost a lot in the way we came out from defence.

Your very next post.

People giving a single fuck about any signing man..have a fucking word.

I feel like I’m watching another team make signings. I feel nothing.

Same, but TBF this guy falling out with Big Steve could provide some light entertainment.

:thup: If he's going to be a pain in the arse to manage, he gets my vote.

This x 1000.

Guest neesy111

He is dogshite.

Your very next post.

People giving a single fuck about any signing man..have a fucking word.

I feel like I’m watching another team make signings. I feel nothing.

Same, but TBF this guy falling out with Big Steve could provide some light entertainment.

:thup: If he's going to be a pain in the arse to manage, he gets my vote.

This x 1000.

As if they are the same context.

Would like to think Jetro can surprise us. However the fact it's already been mentioned he is here as backup to dummett isnt a great sign.

Likewise how often to players that plummet from early promise come back. Especially here.

Just seen this on Newcastle’s Facebook feed after the Willems announcement. No irony or hint that he’s joking...

“Won’t get a look in, Dummett’s a top class premier league left back who would get in any side with the exception of Liverpool.“

I'd say there is a massive dose of irony going on there.

Would like to think Jetro can surprise us. However the fact it's already been mentioned he is here as backup to dummett isnt a great sign.

Likewise how often to players that plummet from early promise come back. Especially here.

Not sure where this idea has come from that he has been bought as a back up. More accurate to say that we didn't want to spend what it took on an upgrade so a few million on a player who can fight for the spot is probably more like it. If he's decent on the ball, that would give us the wing back option which we were missing on the left.

Just seen this on Newcastle’s Facebook feed after the Willems announcement. No irony or hint that he’s joking...

“Won’t get a look in, Dummett’s a top class premier league left back who would get in any side with the exception of Liverpool.“

Just saw this belter, probably from the same bloke!

"Another face for Dummett to see off and prove - yet again - that he’s the best left back we’ve had and will have as other left backs come and go"

Nut,

Rafa got rid of a number of players but not Dummett. Why?

He's a solid defender basically. Rafa would prefer a full back who can play I would imagine, maybe he just didn't rate the scout recommendations.

I dont really understand this hate for Dummett. He was decent last season, not great, but as a left footer is a useful player and probably pretty cheap. Manquillo and Yedlin are much worse.

Don't know much about him, but anything that sees Dummett further away from the starting 11 is good news.

Wrong.

He's an awful footballer. Contributes absolutely nothing other than being a stopper.  If he wasn't a local lad he'd get way more criticism. 

If we can improve on him we absolutely should.

Wrong.

We shouldn't improve on him if we can?  Are you a special kind of stupid?