Scott Parker is ....

Crumpy Gunt

Nearly pulled my hair out when the team won the ball and looked set to break, players were bursting forward, Parker gets the ball quickly and then decides to spend the next 10 seconds spinning around, for the "move" to eventually be broken down once all the Chlesea players were in position and there was noone to pass to.

always find it funny how certain nufc fans pick on a player to be the chosen booed on. Parker is now it, until he's out of the club...

cant really blame defeat on him, rather roeders line up... butt n parker in middle, emre up front, dyer on right, never gonna work was it.

Guest DONTOONER

HMMmm i thought we played well with emre parker and butt playing together...

We string a couple of Nice passes..and chelsea couldnt take the ball off us for periods in the game

BUT well 451....Too negative still

If parker played in a 5-a-side he would be the best player in the world. He is still a quality player but just needs to release the ball alot quicker, I agree Butt and Emre is the best partnership and we will pick up more points with them two but it's a real shame that parker can't fit himself into the team.

Sure there are shortcomings in Parker's play, but there are also advantages brought by Parker to our team. The "grip" is significantly better with Parker around. And that's exactly Parker's job.

Is Nicky Butt any better? His passes are wayward often. Of course I appreciate his vision and initiation. But if the ball falls to Parker's leg, I would rather Parker use the ball wisely, ie keep the ball and not giving the ball away. After all, long range passing, throughpassing etc is not biggest strength.

Stop blaming players who have given 100%. They can't do what they cannot do.

We lose the game, in my opinion, due to the conservative play of Glenn Roeder.

He should have taken the ineffective Dyer off and put in Rossi, who play admirably against Chelsea recently. And no I don't agree that Sib should start. Against a narrow powerful midfield Roeder did well by playing both Butt and Parker in the middle. We frustrated Chelsea and our wing play by Milner and Solano  are constant threat. However, Dyer is not playing well as a winger. Either put him upfront with Martin, or put him in the middle ahead of Butt and Parker.

Never shite, but I never got the whole love Parker thing anyay, he is an okay player that likes to slide into takcles. Might be better if used in a better way, but right now in the DM role he is being totaly outdone by Butt.

Nearly pulled my hair out when the team won the ball and looked set to break, players were bursting forward, Parker gets the ball quickly and then decides to spend the next 10 seconds spinning around, for the "move" to eventually be broken down once all the Chlesea players were in position and there was noone to pass to.

Aye, 'twas a classic and the worst part of it is that he does this all the time. How his rent-boys can't see it is beyond me.

Play him on the right wing like Liverpool do with Gerrard.

Play him right back, his tackling is alright I suppose and he's quite nippy when he wants to be. Good engine on him aswell.

I actually think that right back could be his best position. Not that we'll ever see him anywhere other than the middle of the pitch, regardless.

Crumpster:

Who among our starting XI should wear the armband besides Given?

The armband is fuck all and means fuck all. He's not the best player at the Club for the position he plays.

Didn't someone recently post on here the stats/results of games where Parker was missing? IF they are accurate then it goes a long way to proving what I think - we are a better team without him.