Matty Longstaff (now playing for Toronto FC)

toontownman

I'd say the bigger issue is the club not making a proper effort to find a situation where he would be guaranteed games.

I'm sure as with everything else at the club no effort or proper thought was put into the decision to send him over there.

Hi... Aberdeen fan here(Da is a Geordie)

Please take Longstaff back we haven't won a game since he came up here...Can't string 2 passes together or has no vision,looks like league 1 player.

Standard up here isn't the same as England,but it's tougher than you think.

My Da says wish we had Jinxy Smith more like.

Guest HTT II
15 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Please take Longstaff back we haven't won a game since he came up here...Can't string 2 passes together or has no vision,looks like league 1 player.

You can have his other brother too if you want, he’s shite as well!

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bruce’d. Hasn’t played men’s football in a while. Might have something to do with it, hopefully picks up form. Dandy don can keep us up to date with how it’s going.

I'm reminded about what was said about Vilica, by Doncaster the other week. Our loan lads are probably being sent out, out of condition and touch. Such is our awful League 2 set up.

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I can’t see how this is even possible. He literally played okay in the PL, not being a dick but the standard is way way higher. What the hell happened to him 

Heard a rumour got a little chip on shoulder and didn't agree wee being sent out on loan.

Yes the standard is higher down there,but what I've seen of Newcastle on TV,Inverness top of our Championship would give them a game😁

27 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Oh my goodness :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce's poison also managing to indirectly affect Aberdeen is just incredible man ;D

This club is just a fucking graveyard for young players basically. They train in wheelie bins under dinosaur managers who rely on "magic" and "rolling up our sleeves" to get results, and then they get sent out on loan to whoever will take them for a few years before getting released.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Maybe he has yeah, but realistically we would be in with a shout of winning the league, no offence. He was able to play against PL level midfields and now suddenly he can’t play in that standard. Something is up with that 

Doesn't work like that though does it.... Premier league is tops,but that doesn't mean players are all great...

I can name quite a few playing in your Premier league that are rubbish.

The promise these two brothers were showing under Rafa man, and now look at the pair of them.

Absolutely criminal that Bruce has completely destroyed the careers of two local players that looked like they were going to come through and be significant contributors to the first team.

7 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Doesn't work like that though does it.... Premier league is tops,but that doesn't mean players are all great...

I can name quite a few playing in your Premier league that are rubbish.

There's a good list of rubbish PL players here.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Never said that it does, but being able to play in a PL midfield, should allow you to preform in the SPL. Don’t think that’s really a controversial statement. Celtic wouldn’t do well in the PL. Not saying Matty is playing well, but there is clearly a bigger issue at play here 

Not this Celtic team the worst I've seen at Pittodrie in years.

And we still couldn't beat the feckers.😭

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

How’s Stephen Glass doing anyway? Worth a swap for Bruce?

Well he played for us and your lot,I was a bit worried at his appointment,novice manager in America at Atalanta B.

Lot want him out already,but I'd give him time,the season at least to get his idea's over.

We have a practically new side,so takes time... Hopefully he can turn it round for us.

1 minute ago, loki679 said:

Glass did alright for us.  Always been a fan of proper wingers, skin em on the outside and get a cross in.

We've got a lad at right full back great attacker down the wing and delivers great crosses(Supermac) would have loved him.

Anyway he's 18 Calvin Ramsey,already Man Utd and Everton enquiring... They'll need to go over 10 million,hes the real deal...Best homegrown in years for us.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

The promise these two brothers were showing under Rafa man, and now look at the pair of them.

Absolutely criminal that Bruce has completely destroyed the careers of two local players that looked like they were going to come through and be significant contributors to the first team.

Pretty sure Matty longstaff made his debut under Bruce mind