General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

I’m surprised anyone actually reads Liddle.  He just comes across as a nasty piece of work.  Don’t give that wanker a second’s thought mate. 

To be fair, he's generally just a contrarian - says OTT things for what he thinks is comic effect.

He's not really a journalist.

Just someone that thinks his opinions are funny and likes to get a reaction.

Despite smoggie connections, he doesn't particularly have it in for Newcastle - he'll slag off any given team or their fans on any given day just for the fun, so not really worth listening to. Hates taking the knee, for example, like your embarrassing uncle.

It's interesting, though, that he admits to lurking on several Newcastle forums to have gotten the general opinion of the fans about Howe for his opinion piece.

So, as I say, he's no journalist.

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

To be fair, he's generally just a contrarian - says OTT things for what he thinks is comic effect.

He's not really a journalist.

Just someone that thinks his opinions are funny and likes to get a reaction.

'Journalism' these days. Sadly. Absolutely farcical. What sells rather than what is accurate... 

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

'Journalism' these days. Sadly. Absolutely farcical. What sells rather than what is accurate... 

These days ? It's always been the case but you have to learn where to look for news and be honest enough to learn things you don't like and go against your biases 

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Proper victim mentality, at no point does he intimate or suggest anyone should be unhappy with Howe. 

Let’s not forget that Alex Bruce was the same cunt on TalkSport less than 12 months ago crying about people abusing his da on social media. 

Would love Hopey to knock him out IRL. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Let’s not forget that Alex Bruce was the same cunt on TalkSport less than 12 months ago crying about people abusing his da on social media. 

Would love Hopey to knock him out IRL. 

Bully turns victim turns bully again and now he'll be crying victim again from any backlash he gets. Like the boy that prods the hornets nest with a stick and cries when he gets stung. Prick.

I will admit I watched Bruce on Undr the Cosh and he was a likeable bloke. That changed when it came to discussion of his dad and 'it being crazy up there'. 

I get it, he's your dad, he's your hero, but he also held to take £8m from 'his club' after a winless start to the season. He should shut up and he certainly should stop pestering Craig Hope. 

Just read Hope’s article about Howe and this jumped out at me….

”On a similar theme, Howe being unable to polish the proverbial was also offered in mitigation of disappointing results. Alex Hurst, host of the True Faith podcast, is recognised as a voice of reason among the fanbase and, indeed, senior figures within the club. ”

Bet a few on here will disagree with that. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

”On a similar theme, Howe being unable to polish the proverbial was also offered in mitigation of disappointing results. Alex Hurst, host of the True Faith podcast, is recognised as a voice of reason among the fanbase and, indeed, senior figures within the club. ”

I nearly replied on Twitter saying I liked the article, but this bit was bollocks. 

I’ve said it before on here. Hurst is good at hosting, he usually speaks well and I don’t mind a few on the TF podcast. But fucking hell. He spent weeks going on about ASM and Joelinton being left footed. I actually pulled him on it and he just said ‘my mistake.’ Pretty fucking odd one to make. Too busy doing your matchday pod and tweeting shite and not actually watching what’s in front of you?!

Like fuck am I taking his advice on football and I actually think he is quite knee jerk week to week on that pod. Hardly a voice of reason. 

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

:lol:

Too rights. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I nearly replied on Twitter saying I liked the article, but this bit was bollocks. 

I’ve said it before on here. Hurst is good at hosting, he usually speaks well and I don’t mind a few on the TF podcast. But fucking hell. He spent weeks going on about ASM and Joelinton being left footed. I actually pulled him on it and he just said ‘my mistake.’ Pretty fucking odd one to make. Too busy doing your matchday pod and tweeting shite and not actually watching what’s in front of you?!

Like fuck am I taking his advice on football and I actually think he is quite knee jerk week to week on that pod. Hardly a voice of reason. 

This is the modern dilemma. 

You can't harmonise a fan base. Even the notion of a fan group spokesperson won't represent everyone. We already had a few fan channels sprouting up with varying degrees of embarrassing. Even then, most aren't any different to your average pub dweller. They don't have much of a background in the game other than watching. Every donkey will tell the horse how he'd win the Grand National, doesn't mean he's right. 

The notion of being a 'celebrity fan' seems odd to me.

It's a near-impossible balancing act these days. You don't want fans to be voiceless and getting them on Soccer AM back in the day, or even that fan commentary feature Sky used to do was quite a cool novelty. 

But now most fans that want their voice heard don't really seem to be doing it for the love of their club, but because they want a bit of the spotlight. Invariably making them an insufferable gobshite.

I'd much rather get the gauge of our fans feelings on a forum like this than hang off the word of an irrelevant 'supafan' that's somehow managed to trick an audience in to thinking their opinion is worth more than other fans. 

Edited by wormy

8 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fuck me.  Posh boy playing at superfan and doesn’t know his arse from his elbow in terms of what he’s watching.