General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

14 hours ago, Minhosa said:

You cannot constantly antagonise people and then cry wolf when they bite back. 

He’s a fucking cretin that deserves a slap tbh. Might not be so mouthy online if someone brings the cunt down a peg or two. 

He does seem to take great joy in winding Newcastle fans up 

Clearly, no-one or their family should be threatened.

However, we only have his word for this and he makes things up or exaggerates for effect, as well as deliberately antagonising people.

The whole "I'm allowed to have an opinion" view makes him a thicker grade Katie Hopkins clone.

Boo boo, go to the police if you're genuinely under threat, but if you write for clicks don't then try and take a few abusive messages and claim there is an agenda because of your awful understanding of sport and because your so called quality of journalism is being questioned.

His lack of hair is neither here nor there.

Edwards backed the wrong horse from day one regarding the takeover, he then cashed out the remaining 10% of his stake and put it all on ...................Steve fuckin Bruce, what a wopper, with his zero fan interaction or support its time he moved on like the rest of them.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10085447/Newcastles-305m-takeover-slammed-rivals-snub-Toon-attending-Premier-League-meeting.html

Yes, no surprised. Most clubs not that bothered. Usual suspects more concerned about the added competition. 

The "children" are being allowed to have their say before they are told to brush their teeth and go up to bed.

Great stuff!

Edited by manorpark

This stuff makes me so angry when the press don't call these big sides out for this, nobody complained when Chelsea Man U and Co signed mega sponsorship deals or when Spurs and Arsenal built bigger stadiums to increase revenue or when Evertons new owner sponsored their training ground for £60 million. If they want to make it fair then the least they can do is let Newcastle match the highest shirt sponsorship deal, in fact no fuck em....

On Friday I would increase the price of stadium tours at St James to £50 million and let the Saudis by 6 of them.

Why is he still there in the first place? We come back to the “long and arduous process,” I mentioned above, which I’m not sure people have fully grasped yet. Decisions have to be signed off and that will take time.

And

For a variety of complicated reasons, I was told there’s “no chance” of Rangnick coming to Newcastle, but I’m not setting that in stone either yet. I just don’t think the club are at the decision-making stage and won’t be for a while.

Seem to be the post pertinent bits of info.

TBF the club is ran by a skeleton crew from top to bottom  I bet Charnley has about 10 job roles, unfortunately for us this will take time, a proven manager and coaching staff is a priority tho.

51 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Caulkin has a Q&A out in the athletic for those with access. 

Not going to post it all but:

“Conte takes you from third to first in the league. He doesn’t take you from 19th to 10th or 10th to sixth, which will be the first part of the club’s journey, all being well.”

I never get this. If Conte was appointed tomorrow that’s exactly what he’d do with us.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

“Conte takes you from third to first in the league. He doesn’t take you from 19th to 10th or 10th to sixth, which will be the first part of the club’s journey, all being well.”

I never get this. If Conte was appointed tomorrow that’s exactly what he’d do with us.

Yeah. I found it silly too. 

If you can get Conte you get him it really is that simple. 

infact I would argue that a manager such as Conte is perfect, he can build the club from the ground up in a way he wants to. It’s a complete blank canvass which is why Rafa was enthralled by it. 

Such a weird stance. He gets you from 3rd to 1st because that's the role he's had for the past few years.

Do they really think that just because the starting point is 19th he wouldn't be able to improve that with money to spend on quality additions in January? :lol:

17 minutes ago, wormy said:

Such a weird stance. He gets you from 3rd to 1st because that's the role he's had for the past few years.

Do they really think that just because the starting point is 19th he wouldn't be able to improve that with money to spend on quality additions in January? :lol:

Same thought process that fuckwits had when they brought up that Rafa hadn’t managed in the Championship before.

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’m not sure he would mind. Has he had to work with shite before?  Would he know how to motivate shelvey?  
I’m still not sure about getting this season “over the line” involves a sexy manager