Emil Krafth signs one-year contract extension (Official)

Nobody

By the looks of it, he was on loan at Amiens last season then joined permanently on July 1st of this year, signing a three year contract. Why are they cashing in on him already? Weird one.

Clubs of that level depend largely on turning a profit to stay alive. Chances are they had a deal in place that was below his market value so they thought they could easily flip him.

See Jovic, Luka for a better example.

I thought there was some sort of rule preventing players from signing for two clubs on permanent contracts in one transfer window? Looks like I'm wrong.

There is but it's tied to playing which I guess he hasn't.

Ugh. People saying this means Manquillo is leaving. We would do that just as he's playing well.

Maybe he wants to leave now Rafa has. Maybe a transfer back to spain or somewhere.

Ugh. People saying this means Manquillo is leaving. We would do that just as he's playing well.

Maybe Krafth and Manquillo are a bit redundant and atleast the one thing yedlin has is that mad pace which differentiates between them. Only thing I can think of. I guess maybe Manquillo would want out...or maybe they feel they can get the best value for Manquillo now instead of Yedlin who would  likely have to be selling low on.

very good offensive full-back, with plenty of pace and is an excellent crosser of the ball.

similar type of player to DeAndre Yedlin, but he has more to his game than just pace,

which will be a relief to Newcastle fans who often question the American’s defensive ability.

Looked okay on a highlights video. I think he'll be better than Yedlin or Manquillo.

He does, right. I was quite impressed by his highlites. Looks very competitive.

What videos are you looking at btw? The few out there seem to be from 4-5 years ago and from the Swedish league.

He might turn out to be okay, but why are we settling for a player like Krafth? That's my gripe with this. Buy some real class with our promised spending for gods sake.

I don't have any problem buying promising younger players in positions like this. I don't rate Yedlin that much, and it will provide competition to Manquillo, who is ok but we still need to strengthen that area.

He might turn out to be okay, but why are we settling for a player like Krafth? That's my gripe with this. Buy some real class with our promised spending for gods sake.

I don't have any problem buying promising younger players in positions like this. I don't rate Yedlin that much, and it will provide competition to Manquillo, who is ok but we still need to strengthen that area.

Well, he's a year younger than Yedlin and the same age as Manquillo though. We should not look to a signing to provide competition. We should sign one we expect to slot right in as first choice.

He's having his medical today and signing a four year deal as reported by my colleague at Expressen. Nickson (described as a "very sympathetic and nice guy") has been keen to get him from what I know. NUFC thought this was done a few weeks ago but Amiens changed their stance on the transfer fee, so it looked off just a few days ago. Bruce supposedly got involved himslef late on and pushed for it to be done in the past few days. All in all, it's Nickson's idea to sign him though.

Krafth is a decent enouhg player, very down to earth and humble – but he offers no real edge if I'm being honest. He's been doing ok when he's stood in for Mikael Lustig at RB in the Swedish national team and done reasonably well in France, but not been able to force Lustig out of the starting eleven. He should take Yedlin out as his positional awareness and tactical orientation is a lot better, he's a much more accomplished footballer, but considering how many teams are using wide players with pace, I'm a bit worried about how he'll get along.

Well, he's a year younger than Yedlin and the same age as Manquillo though. We should not look to a signing to provide competition. We should sign one we expect to slot right in as first choice.

Aye. If you've got 3 RBs you shouldn't need to strengthen that area. At least one of them should be good enough.

Aye. If you've got 3 RBs you shouldn't need to strengthen that area. At least one of them should be good enough.

None of them are though. We do need better quality full backs, the only question is whether this lad is actually an upgrade or just signed for the sake of it.

"I think that deal won't come off. But he also does not look like a savior. Behind Lustig in the national team. Good player, but no direct PL player in my eyes. No extreme features. All-around player, decent/okay at most stuff."

"I think that deal won't come off. But he also does not look like a savior. Behind Lustig in the national team. Good player, but no direct PL player in my eyes. No extreme features. All-around player, decent/okay at most stuff."

4 season tickets please.