Emil Krafth

Nobody

Sensible and smart to extend by a year, if he plays well enough to earn a move elsewhere or develops even further into the successor to Trippier then good on him and the club for seeing this in advance. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Considering our first choice fullback is almost 32. We should look to sign a fullback that can push for the first team in the next 12 months or so.

I'd prefer to let the wages wind down and go again in the market. Gives him an incentive for this season too.

I'd sooner revisit the RB position in a couple of years time when it's time for Trippier to step back. Think Trippier & Krafth for 2 seasons is more than fine.

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

For a full-back, it's kind of old.

We don't need a RB for this season. But we should start looking for next season potentially. It's called succession planning. Especially if we have European aspirations.

Stuart Pearce was 35  when he signed for us. Played 3 full seasons for Forest before that. 

Agree we should be looking to the future, but I think a year understudying Trippier and Krafth won't do any harm.

Edited by Happinesstan

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Not sure there's a great deal between Krafth and Manquillo really. Manquillo can also cover left back - but we're well stocked there and with left footed CBs who could fill in. Krafth is a year younger and can also do a job of sorts at CB in an emergency or in a back 3.

Manquillo struggles for focus when he first comes into the team, so he's not ideal as cover. Needs to be a starter somewhere. Krafth seems to slot in without much trouble.

Interesting thing to think about - 

but if say Targett is unavailable, would you rather play 1) Trip there with Krafth at RB or 2) Manquillio there or 3) Burn there or 4) Pauly D/Lewis 

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

but if say Targett is unavailable, would you rather play 1) Trip there with Krafth at RB or 2) Manquillio there or 3) Burn there or 4) Pauly D/Lewis 

Depends on the oppo and their make up.

It's a shame about Lewis considering Liverpool were sniffing around at the time we got him. Totally destroyed by the fat buffoon.

Edited by Beth

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I'd generally just go for 1

Absolutely would not move Trippier from RB, strongest player in the position should stay there. Depending on how Lewis looks this season Id slot him in at LB, Dummett otherwise.

I think we're infinitely more solid by going with Trip at LB and Krafu at RB if Targett can't play, or I'd go Manquillo there. I know Burn can play there but man would we be really slow. I have absolutely no trust that Lewis will even be fit! 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pilko said:

Only a two minute cameo today I know but put in an excellent block at the death, worthy of a shout out. Just as well we sat Ritchie down instead :lol:

I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw Ritchie ready to come in and left back. I've never been so happy to see Krafth lmao

32 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw Ritchie ready to come in and left back. I've never been so happy to see Krafth lmao

ASM was coming off for Ritchie but the physios said Burn needed to come off which is why Krafth came on. 

6 hours ago, Miercoles said:

The planned substitution was Ritchie for Maxi, but Burn was concussed. Does his concussion mean he can't play against Tranmere?

11 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Missed most the game. What happened to him?

Sort of innocuous clumsy challenge, fell a bit awkward and then never got back up. Looked in a lot of pain and was carried off on stretcher.

Could be ligaments.. the fact there was no heavy contact is the most worrying. I know Tripps is no.1 but not having Krafth will be a miss.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Sort of innocuous clumsy challenge, fell a bit awkward and then never got back up. Looked in a lot of pain and was carried off on stretcher.

Could be ligaments.. the fact there was no heavy contact is the most worrying. I know Tripps is no.1 but not having Krafth will be a miss.

Yeah, just caught it there. Didn’t look good for him.