Emil Krafth signs one-year contract extension (Official)

Nobody

Just a pointless signing. Manquillo, Yedelin, Richie and Hayden could all play RB/RWB. Would have been better of keeping the money and Murphy

We really needed an improvement in this area, Ritchie would be horrific and Hayden never more than a filler in this role. We needed an updrade on Yedlin and Manquillo and appear to have bought someone in the same bracket ability wise. So yes, pointless.

Just a pointless signing. Manquillo, Yedelin, Richie and Hayden could all play RB/RWB. Would have been better of keeping the money and Murphy

I wouldn't say it was a pointless signing. Ashley doesn't like wasting money on players with no resale value, so if he's shit, then perhaps we were doing a favour for an agent or someone else involved in the process.

His agent is Patrick Mörk. A well-known agent in Sweden.

Patrick Mörk said it was chief scout Steve Nickson and head coach Steve Bruce who convinced NUFC to spend the extra cash on Emil Krafth to get him signed.

The day before he signed, his agent got a SMS from NUFC saying ”deal on” sort of and the contract was agreed short after.

I don't believe there's an ounce of genuinity in any one of our signings. None of them have got a single shit to do with creating a functioning football team. Just chuck em together and hope they stay up.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updated verdicts on this lad after the weekend? He was on the back foot in the Spurs game so couldn't really see if he could play or not, just looked a fairly bog standard Dummett type of full back.

Any updated verdicts on this lad after the weekend? He was on the back foot in the Spurs game so couldn't really see if he could play or not, just looked a fairly bog standard Dummett type of full back.

He's a steady eddie type right back but playing as a wing back he's not as good an option as either Yedlin or Manquillo as regards getting up and down the pitch and overlapping.

Sweden tend to play 4-4-2 don't they? That's where he'd fit in, not as a wing back in a 3 at the back type formation that we play ( I can't quite put my finger on exactly what the formation is mind, changes when we defend or attack. Definitely 3 at the back with 2 sitting and Atsu and Almiron behind and either side of Joelinton, but describing it as a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 is difficult)

He's a steady eddie type right back but playing as a wing back he's not as good an option as either Yedlin or Manquillo as regards getting up and down the pitch and overlapping.

Sweden tend to play 4-4-2 don't they? That's where he'd fit in, not as a wing back in a 3 at the back type formation that we play ( I can't quite put my finger on exactly what the formation is mind, changes when we defend or attack. Definitely 3 at the back with 2 sitting and Atsu and Almiron behind and either side of Joelinton, but describing it as a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 is difficult)

Seems a strange one this signing. I was never a fan of Yedlin, but as a wing back he would be far better to provide some width, and if you want someone who can play full back or wing back, then Manquillo is decent enough, if not fantastic. I just don't really see why we needed this signing as he isn't an upgrade on either.

He rarely pushed forward to provide any width, there were several instances where he could have provided a useful outlet had he pushed on or tried to overlap but seeemd to get to halfway and stop, which meant our players looking to move the ball out towards that side had to turn back inside, slowing things down.

Looks a very defensive minded full back with real limitations in an attacking sense, doesnt seem to fit the current formation or ideas, very odd signing, which sems stranger given that Manquillo towards the back end of last season and this pre-season had started to show some form and improvement.

Seems a waste of a squad space when manquillo, yedelin, hayden and ritchie could all play there at a push. I'd rather Aaron's was in the 25. We have too many defenders.

Same as would have made more sense to sell Clark and get another midfielder/forward in

Think this was a good signing. Don’t rate Yedlin(remember that Willian goal?) and Manquillo is strictly a defender. Think this’ll prove to be a good one in the long run. I like this guy’s size, the fact that he basically has an assist(Schar - Watford) and had the balls to find himself in the box vs Norwich and get a shot off. Played 85 minutes in a World Cup quarter final.

How many times does Yedlin just float a ball into the box? Rarely. He needs it to be played to him while he’s running on to it and then chip it in from the byline. This guy’ll just put them in from wherever he’s at. I’d rather that. Carroll and Joelinton will too I’m sure.

Think this was a good signing. Don’t rate Yedlin(remember that Willian goal?) and Manquillo is strictly a defender. Think this’ll prove to be a good one in the long run. I like this guy’s size, the fact that he basically has an assist(Schar - Watford) and had the balls to find himself in the box vs Norwich and get a shot off. Played 85 minutes in a World Cup quarter final.

How many times does Yedlin just float a ball into the box? Rarely. He needs it to be played to him while he’s running on to it and then chip it in from the byline. This guy’ll just put them in from wherever he’s at. I’d rather that. Carroll and Joelinton will too I’m sure.

He was the worst player on the pitch that game  :lol:

Krafth is an average Championship player at best. Hopefully he can improve.

Yedlin's a Championship player. Manquillo is, too. He's the best of a bad bunch IMO. I liked his calmness on the ball. Checked his WC record and it wasn't as good as I expected. Didn't play in any of the group stage games and then came off th bench in the 80 something minute in the second round and then the 85 mins in the QF. Sweeden did finish top of that group, though, so experience...

Yedlin's a Championship player. Manquillo is, too. He's the best of a bad bunch IMO. I liked his calmness on the ball. Checked his WC record and it wasn't as good as I expected. Didn't play in any of the group stage games and then came off th bench in the 80 something minute in the second round and then the 85 mins in the QF. Sweeden did finish top of that group, though, so experience...

Okay. Not sure if serious. You think Krafth is the best RB at the club based on only three games?

Okay. Not sure if serious. You think Krafth is the best RB at the club based on only three games?

I have confidence he can be because the other two are so weak. Plus, he is starting ahead of Manquillo, no?