Microsoft Office toolbar

Rob W

I used to have a floating Microsoft office toolbar that had small icons for Office applications - Word, Access, Excel etc etc

It has dsiapeared and I'm buggered if I can  remember how to get it back or rebuild it it - any suggestions?

Hmm, not too sure what toolbar you're meaning, it could be one of many. 

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7382/word9gf.th.jpg

Click that screen, and right-click where it says.  Like I said, not too sure what you're really meaning, so I hope this helps.  After that, you can move the toolbars about, either docking them or leaving them to float.

If that doesn't, tell me what was on the toolbar and I'll take it from there.

It's gone from Office XP if you've just got it. They've removed it completely. Proof: search for 'office shortcut bar' in Word Help.

If you still have Office 2000, it should be in Start->Programs->Microsoft Office->Office Tools (or whatever)->Office Shortcut Bar.

With XP, create a folder somewhere with all the shortcuts you want, and you can sort of emulate it by right clicking on the blank bit of your toolbar, going to Toolbars then New Toolbar. This lets you point to the folder, then drag it to the right/top of your screen and mess about by pressing right-click and checking 'Always on top' etc etc.

PS - to drag it about you'll probably have to uncheck 'Lock the Taskbar'