Who thinks appointing Roeder was the right decision

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

As the title says who thinks appointing Roeder was the right decision, does anyone think we should of kept souness or got o'neill or anyone else and who is giving roeder the backing that he deserves, i quite like roeder, but think o'neill would of been better for us so o'neill it is 4 me look forward to getting your opinions

As the title says who thinks appointing Roeder was the right decision, does anyone think we should of kept souness or got o'neill or anyone else and who is giving roeder the backing that he deserves, i quite like roeder, but think o'neill would of been better for us so o'neill it is 4 me look forward to getting your opinions

No way should Souness have stayed.

O'Neill has an average track record, he's not shite but he's over-rated due to his media image.

I didn't want Roeder at the time, I didn't even want him as caretaker manager but he did surprise me at the quality of job he did in that role.

I suggested Dave Jones at the time and I stand by that. He's done a good job everywhere he's been I think he'd do a good job for us. Paul Jewel is also a good manager. There are others in the lower leagues.

Among the usual names the likes of Allardyce gets on my tits tbh. Can't stand the bloke and would hate it if he was appointed as manager despite what he's doing at Bolton. There's just something about him, I'm not sure he'll do it at a club with higher expectations.

We should of brought in better, soft option, we took it.

Would of rather had MON he is a different class to GR and we should of at the time made sure we made him our manager.

Feeling a little more confident in GR at the moment, hopefully things will keep improving but i'd dump him as soon as a decent manager becomes available and wants the job, not just taking it for the coin.

Guest nufc 4 life

No way should Souness have stayed.

O'Neill has an average track record, he's not shite but he's over-rated due to his media image.

I didn't want Roeder at the time, I didn't even want him as caretaker manager but he did surprise me at the quality of job he did in that role.

I suggested Dave Jones at the time and I stand by that. He's done a good job everywhere he's been I think he'd do a good job for us. Paul Jewel is also a good manager. There are others in the lower leagues.

Among the usual names the likes of Allardyce gets on my tits tbh. Can't stand the bloke and would hate it if he was appointed as manager despite what he's doing at Bolton. There's just something about him, I'm not sure he'll do it at a club with higher expectations.

i agree with what you have said about Roeder like i said i do quite like him and think he has done 10 times better than Souness without as many resource i.e 50 mil, but MON is like taylor said in a different class who does Dave Jones manage was he eben in the mix for the job and lower league managers there is no way of noing if theyre up 4 the job

Guest nufc 4 life

because o'neill was the other manager who was most likely to get the job and it would of been Souness if they hadn't sacked him, just shows people opinions better

Guest nufc 4 life

well who else was likely to get the job if we had offered MON the job i'm pretty damn sure he would of chosen us over Aston Villa, but we didn't even offer him the job

i agree with what you have said about Roeder like i said i do quite like him and think he has done 10 times better than Souness without as many resource i.e 50 mil, but MON is like taylor said in a different class who does Dave Jones manage was he eben in the mix for the job and lower league managers there is no way of noing if theyre up 4 the job

David Jones manages Cardiff. He somehow managed to throw away consiradable lead in Championship though, and his team has slipped to 4th or 5th now.

He is a good safe bet for any team wanting to advance into Premiership and he wouldn't be good enough for the high expectations of Newcastle United.

David Jones manages Cardiff. He somehow managed to throw away consiradable lead in Championship though, and his team has slipped to 4th or 5th now.

He is a good safe bet for any team wanting to advance into Premiership and he wouldn't be good enough for the high expectations of Newcastle United.

Not his fault tbh.

Squad done in by injuries, and Cardiff have an even smaller squad than us, the coupled with the club on the verge of closure means it hasn't been easy for him at the moment, but i don't think he'd be good enough here, and would be in the same ballpark as GR.

Not his fault tbh.

Squad done in by injuries, and Cardiff have an even smaller squad than us, the coupled with the club on the verge of closure means it hasn't been easy for him at the moment, but i don't think he'd be good enough here, and would be in the same ballpark as GR.

I symphatise with David Jones. But I always think that if a squad is small, then only the manager is to be blamed. You are probably right to say that he is in the same ball park as GR. Let's give GR a bit more time to see if we can steer the club forward.

Guest nufc 4 life

Not his fault tbh.

I symphatise with David Jones. But I always think that if a squad is small, then only the manager is to be blamed. You are probably right to say that he is in the same ball park as GR. Let's give GR a bit more time to see if we can steer the club forward.

i agree with that as he hasn't exactly done a bad job especially with the amount of injuries a premiership record and the size of the squad isn't the managers fault as he has only had one window to expand it and he needed to get rid of a couple of people... lets just what and see if he stands true to his word and gets a couple of defenders and a striker.

please god let him be true to his word

His appointment was against all forms of common sense.  Never appoint someone who has been caretaker, the two are very different situaitons.  Never appoint someone who openly admits that they do not want the job, and even so, his past wasn't exactly littered with trophies or big club successes was it?  More so small club relegations and failures.  MON was just about every geordies favourite, yet he was overlooked, or he 'didn't want the job' as the fat one said.  Bollocks.  If we can sign Michael Owen etc, then we can appoint Martin O'Neill.

Guest nufc 4 life

O'Neill for me. He may be a bit overrated, but I still think he would have been a better option than Roeder, and probably was the best available to us at the time, IMO.

fair opinion same as mine really, but again let's give Roeder the window at least too see what he can do lets hope he will deliver this time rather than although he got a cople of decent coups duff and sibs it was still not very well planned a bit more organisation wouldn't go a miss  tongue.gif

Guest nufc 4 life

What a shite poll, none of those options apply, as I'm still sitting on the fence...

How the f**k is this i shite poll lol 36 people have voted just because you can't make up your mind... simple enough really you agree with the appointment of roeder or you dont.

who said souness should of stayed please tell me why lol your going against the huge majority there

His appointment was against all forms of common sense. Never appoint someone who has been caretaker, the two are very different situaitons. Never appoint someone who openly admits that they do not want the job, and even so, his past wasn't exactly littered with trophies or big club successes was it? More so small club relegations and failures. MON was just about every geordies favourite, yet he was overlooked, or he 'didn't want the job' as the fat one said. Bollocks. If we can sign Michael Owen etc, then we can appoint Martin O'Neill.

very good point shephers saying he didn't want the job is indeed bolloks and appointing GR did go against all forms of common sense but he hasn't done to badly yet touch wood

I voted yes.

Of the possible options that was the choice for me.  I didn't (and don't) want O'Neill, wanted to see Souness gone, and don't think that "anyone else" is a better choice than Roeder. Is Steve Bruce a better choice? No.

Roeder did reasonably well last season. The team has showed improvement this season after a dreadful start-- they lost games in which they outplayed the opposition,  and I am happy with his acquistions (Martins and Duff, addressing the lack of pace) and the fact that he didn't spend stupid money on SPL players.

My attitude will change drastically if he fails to buy some decent defenders in the January window.

Not his fault tbh.

The small squad again really isn't his fault. Tight owner to blame for that. DJ went for quality over quantity, but in the Championship to stay at the top you need both.

4-5 decent signings in the window (maybe 2-3 loan), and promotion is a realistic possibility for the club.

The club having 20 odds days before it ceases trading unless Ridsdale & Hamman can come to an agreement is not doing the club any favours, must be a right fuking nightmare given your all for a club so uncertain of its future, DJ has to motivate himself, then his players and try and keep the fans happy. Tough job he's doing at the mo.

Still no better than what we've got though.

Guest Bellers

What a shite poll, none of those options apply, as I'm still sitting on the fence...

How the f**k is this i shite poll lol 36 people have voted just because you can't make up your mind... simple enough really you agree with the appointment of roeder or you dont.

who said souness should of stayed please tell me why lol your going against the huge majority there

His appointment was against all forms of common sense. Never appoint someone who has been caretaker, the two are very different situaitons. Never appoint someone who openly admits that they do not want the job, and even so, his past wasn't exactly littered with trophies or big club successes was it? More so small club relegations and failures. MON was just about every geordies favourite, yet he was overlooked, or he 'didn't want the job' as the fat one said. Bollocks. If we can sign Michael Owen etc, then we can appoint Martin O'Neill.

very good point shephers saying he didn't want the job is indeed bolloks and appointing GR did go against all forms of common sense but he hasn't done to badly yet touch wood

Sence the sarcasm man, I was kidding. For me so far Roeder is doing a half decent job, keep it up lad...

Guest nufc 4 life

I voted yes.

Of the possible options that was the choice for me. I didn't (and don't) want O'Neill, wanted to see Souness gone, and don't think that "anyone else" is a better choice than Roeder. Is Steve Bruce a better choice? No.

Roeder did reasonably well last season. The team has showed improvement this season after a dreadful start-- they lost games in which they outplayed the opposition, and I am happy with his acquistions (Martins and Duff, addressing the lack of pace) and the fact that he didn't spend stupid money on SPL players.

My attitude will change drastically if he fails to buy some decent defenders in the January window.

SPL players? and yes duff and martins were both very good signings baring in mind when duff went to chelsea he cost 18 mil we got him for 5 so thats a great coup any manger would of had him for that price and 15 mil is 5mil less than souness spent on boumsong and luque hmmm whats the better piece of business there

Guest nufc 4 life

Sence the sarcasm man, I was kidding. For me so far Roeder is doing a half decent job, keep it up lad...

no worries mate lol bit hard to sense sarcasm when you cant hear the person ;-) and he is indeed doing a half decent job far better than souness anyways...

I voted yes.

Of the possible options that was the choice for me. I didn't (and don't) want O'Neill, wanted to see Souness gone, and don't think that "anyone else" is a better choice than Roeder. Is Steve Bruce a better choice? No.

Roeder did reasonably well last season. The team has showed improvement this season after a dreadful start-- they lost games in which they outplayed the opposition, and I am happy with his acquistions (Martins and Duff, addressing the lack of pace) and the fact that he didn't spend stupid money on SPL players.

SPL players? and yes duff and martins were both very good signings baring in mind when duff went to chelsea he cost 18 mil we got him for 5 so thats a great coup any manger would of had him for that price and 15 mil is 5mil less than souness spent on boumsong and luque hmmm whats the better piece of business there

What's your argument?

I am happy that Roder did not buy a Boumsong or Luque. The deals for Martins and Duff were good things. I pray he can do as well in January.