Parker, Roeder and Chelsea

Guest Bellers

Guest Bellers

Is it just me or is this forum now full to the brim of kneejerkers and over the top arm chair pundits who can't wait to take a swipe of somw sort at the club?

To begin with, last night's preformance. I couldn't spot a player on the pitch in a black and white shirt who wasn't giving his all. For spells of the game we passed Chelsea off the pich with pace and movement. There were players who lacked quality, but it wasn't for the want of trying, what more could we ask for? Unless we are now longing for a team filled with Luque-esqe players.

So why are people viewing this as such a great disaster? We went down to a team constructed by millions of pounds who could only score from what can be described as a dubious goal, I wasn't ashamed of my team at any point, in fact, if anything I felt quite the opposite.

Scott Parker was one of those players who gave maximum effort, but to no truimph. The fact is we look better without him. I cannot stress what a fantastic player Parker is, he'll give everything for ninety five mniute, but he seems to unbalance the side. When Emre and Butt take charge of the midfield, Butt holds and Emre creates simple as that, but it would appear Parker wants to do everything and instead of helping he gets sucked to the ball leaving massive gaps in the midfield.

Although Glenn has had his critics this season he's starting to turn things around. At the begining of the season he came across as being naive and underconfident and although he still has his moments it would appear that he's improving as a manger and his confidence is growing all the time. My only complaint last night was maybe Milner should have been rested. Although we were desperate to reach the semi, Milner has had a rough shift this season and probably needs a rest. Apart from this small complaint I think Roeder got it spot on and on another night we would have beaten the dirty bastards.

People are so hell bent on flexing their e-penises and showing how good they are with using fancy words.  it's not all about supporting the club on here anymore, it's all about taking the piss out of fellow posters and slagging FFS off at every given opportunity.

Guest TheOrder

Is it just me or is this forum now full to the brim of kneejerkers and over the top arm chair pundits who can't wait to take a swipe of somw sort at the club?

To begin with, last night's preformance. I couldn't spot a player on the pitch in a black and white shirt who wasn't giving his all. For spells of the game we passed Chelsea off the pich with pace and movement. There were players who lacked quality, but it wasn't for the want of trying, what more could we ask for? Unless we are now longing for a team filled with Luque-esqe players.

So why are people viewing this as such a great disaster? We went down to a team constructed by millions of pounds who could only score from what can be described as a dubious goal, I wasn't ashamed of my team at any point, in fact, if anything I felt quite the opposite.

Scott Parker was one of those players who gave maximum effort, but to no truimph. The fact is we look better without him. I cannot stress what a fantastic player Parker is, he'll give everything for ninety five mniute, but he seems to unbalance the side. When Emre and Butt take charge of the midfield, Butt holds and Emre creates simple as that, but it would appear Parker wants to do everything and instead of helping he gets sucked to the ball leaving massive gaps in the midfield.

Although Glenn has had his critics this season he's starting to turn things around. At the begining of the season he came across as being naive and underconfident and although he still has his moments it would appear that he's improving as a manger and his confidence is growing all the time. My only complaint last night was maybe Milner should have been rested. Although we were desperate to reach the semi, Milner has had a rough shift this season and probably needs a rest. Apart from this small complaint I think Roeder got it spot on and on another night we would have beaten the dirty bastards.

You'll get slated by a bunch of kids, far distant fans and Luque lovers, but you're spot on.

People are so hell bent on flexing their e-penises and showing how good they are with using fancy words. it's not all about supporting the club on here anymore, it's all about taking the piss out of fellow posters and slagging FFS off at every given opportunity.

:thup:

People are so hell bent on flexing their e-penises and showing how good they are with using fancy words. it's not all about supporting the club on here anymore, it's all about taking the piss out of fellow posters and slagging FFS off at every given opportunity.

:thup:

Aye. I got sick of people running the club down ages ago. Pisses me off.

I agree with your sentiments, I don't think any of our players had a less than decent game yesterday so to single Parker out for criticism is totally unfair.

Things have picked up lately but I think the next four games will prove a big test for Roeder and his side and should give us all a reality check as to how good or bad the (available) Newcastle team actually is. Spurs home, Bolton and Everton away then Man Utd home. The Tottenham game is massive because if we win it I can see us picking up at least 7 points from those games, if we lose it and have to play two tough away games it could all fall apart again. I feel it's all about momentum now, the spirited nature of the Chelsea defeats shouldn't have knocked us off our stride but I feel the Tottenham game will probably set the tone for the christmas schedule.

I'm not sure the forum is that bad and am not sure everyone is screaming down the house about the defeat but i agree with your post in general.

One thing that does annoy me is when posters who havent left school talk about management as though they are an expert and criticise the club whatever they do. When they leave school, one or maybe two of them might be in a position where they have to lead a group of 30 or 40 people over a period of one or two years to achieve a difficult objective in a competitive world. They would be far more philosophical about the club's actions and performance if they had just the faintest clue about leading people in any context. Theres a reason why most managers are 40+, you do not have the experience before then to do it properly.

tongue.gif

I have to say though Bellers, taking the piss out of fellow posters is fine as long as its done properly  bluebigrazz.gif

I'm not sure the forum is that bad and am not sure everyone is screaming down the house about the defeat but i agree with your post in general.

One thing that does annoy me is when posters who havent left school talk about management as though they are an expert and criticise the club whatever they do. When they leave school, one or maybe two of them might be in a position where they have to lead a group of 30 or 40 people over a period of one or two years to achieve a difficult objective in a competitive world. They would be far more philosophical about the club's actions and performance if they had just the faintest clue about leading people in any context. Theres a reason why most managers are 40+, you do not have the experience before then to do it properly.

tongue.gif

I have to say though Bellers, taking the piss out of fellow posters is fine as long as its done properly bluebigrazz.gif

Can't help but agree with this.  Spot on.

Based on recent performances without him, Parker should not have started last night but, because Parker's his captain, Roeder bottled the decision to leave him out. Your paragraph that I've highlighted seems to agree with this view, why do you then go on to say "My only complaint last night was maybe Milner should have been rested."?

IMO the job's too big for Roeder and, if he continues to avoid making the big decisions, it's only a matter of time before he's down the jobcentre.

Agree with your sentiments, and i know that i'm guilty of taking swipes at the team/manager/etc but i'm usually 50-50. I've got plenty of good things to say aswell.

I thought the critisism of Parker was unfair, he went out there and played his game and i don't think he did too badly. He was frustrating, no doubt about it - like i said in my article, but he gave his all like you say. Parker doesn't pick the team.

The manager, however, does. And last night's performance from Glenn was still pretty dreadful from my point of view. I wasn't too distressed by the starting line-up, because the logic worked - however we lacked a cuting edge having lost a striker and come the second half we were crying out for things to be changed. As soon as we didn't change anything, and Chelsea did, we were always going to lose the match. I wholeheartedly disagree with the people who said "it was pointless brinhing on subs", that's pathetic really - you should have faith in the players, especially those like Sibi - who've been excellent this season.

I'm OK with Parker, i don't have anything against the man - he just doesn't work in the team. But i don't like Roeder, i think he's a poor manager.

But yeah, Bellers, agree with your sentiments a lot.

Guest TheOrder

Agree with your sentiments, and i know that i'm guilty of taking swipes at the team/manager/etc but i'm usually 50-50. I've got plenty of good things to say aswell.

I thought the critisism of Parker was unfair, he went out there and played his game and i don't think he did too badly. He was frustrating, no doubt about it - like i said in my article, but he gave his all like you say. Parker doesn't pick the team.

The manager, however, does. And last night's performance from Glenn was still pretty dreadful from my point of view. I wasn't too distressed by the starting line-up, because the logic worked - however we lacked a cuting edge having lost a striker and come the second half we were crying out for things to be changed. As soon as we didn't change anything, and Chelsea did, we were always going to lose the match. I wholeheartedly disagree with the people who said "it was pointless brinhing on subs", that's pathetic really - you should have faith in the players, especially those like Sibi - who've been excellent this season.

I'm OK with Parker, i don't have anything against the man - he just doesn't work in the team. But i don't like Roeder, i think he's a poor manager.

But yeah, Bellers, agree with your sentiments a lot.

In what ways is he a poor manager? I'm not saying you're wrong, would just like to hear your opinions on what he's done wrong since being the boss.

Brilliant post.

Guest toonarmy1810

[quote author=Morph link=topic=34185.msg659625#msg659625 date=1166726005]

People are so hell bent on flexing their e-penises and showing how good they are with using fancy words.  it's not all about supporting the club on here anymore, it's all about taking the piss out of fellow posters and slagging FFS off at every given opportunity.

The truth!!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

[quote author=Morph link=topic=34185.msg659625#msg659625 date=1166726005]

The truth!!!

he's not bitter

Freedom of speech! :)

The first thing that dictates on here is the TITLE, although sometimes misleading, it usually sets the tone for the whole debate and generally makes the following posts a tone negative or positive.

The parker issue is a good example:

-we all focus on his "spins" and lengthy passing time (for him this could easily be: security first and find a player)

-we don't focus on his competitiveness, ferocity, dedication to the cause (enough)??

-we forget the spectacular season the year before when everyone had him down on teamsheet first???

In general this board is very good, apart from the personal spats between some, and our only reference are the other newcastle forums (complete twaddle!) and other teams forums (only one or two decent ones!).

Freedom of speech! :)

The first thing that dictates on here is the TITLE, although sometimes misleading, it usually sets the tone for the whole debate and generally makes the following posts a tone negative or positive.

The parker issue is a good example:

-we all focus on his "spins" and lengthy passing time (for him this could easily be: security first and find a player)

-we don't focus on his competitiveness, ferocity, dedication to the cause (enough)??

-we forget the spectacular season the year before when everyone had him down on teamsheet first???

In general this board is very good, apart from the personal spats between some, and our only reference are the other newcastle forums (complete twaddle!) and other teams forums (only one or two decent ones!).

Bollocks.