Baines fee?

Dokko

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436972&CPID=8&clid=111&lid=2&title=Jewell+fires+Baines+warning

Paul Jewell has warned Arsenal that Leighton Baines will not be leaving Wigan Athletic on the cheap.

Ahead of the January transfer window, reports have claimed that Arsenal are looking to bring in a new left-back.

Baines' impressive form for Wigan this season, coupled with his displays for England's Under 21 side, has made him a prime target for the top clubs.

Reports have claimed that Arsene Wenger is ready to pay £4million to bring Baines to Emirates Stadium in the New Year.

But while Wigan boss Jewell insists he would never block a player from joining a club of Arsenal's stature, it would only be for a fair price.

Jewell said: "£4million won't get Leighton Baines that's for sure.

"If he is being talked about as a future England full-back, then you can't get him for that.

"I'll never stop a player going to a top-four club, but I will at £4million. That's not on.

"Right now I've had no contact with Arsenal, but I can guarantee he will not be going for that amount of money.

"Obviously, we don't want to lose any players. Leighton is a very sensible lad and I think he is better off here at the moment."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£5m + Babayaro might get them thinking, might.  :thup:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436972&CPID=8&clid=111&lid=2&title=Jewell+fires+Baines+warning

Paul Jewell has warned Arsenal that Leighton Baines will not be leaving Wigan Athletic on the cheap.

Ahead of the January transfer window, reports have claimed that Arsenal are looking to bring in a new left-back.

Baines' impressive form for Wigan this season, coupled with his displays for England's Under 21 side, has made him a prime target for the top clubs.

Reports have claimed that Arsene Wenger is ready to pay £4million to bring Baines to Emirates Stadium in the New Year.

But while Wigan boss Jewell insists he would never block a player from joining a club of Arsenal's stature, it would only be for a fair price.

"If he is being talked about as a future England full-back, then you can't get him for that.

"I'll never stop a player going to a top-four club, but I will at £4million. That's not on.

"Right now I've had no contact with Arsenal, but I can guarantee he will not be going for that amount of money.

"Obviously, we don't want to lose any players. Leighton is a very sensible lad and I think he is better off here at the moment."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£5m + Babayaro might get them thinking, might. :thup:

Aslong as they have never seen him play they might :lol: I would love Baines here though, he's impressed me a lot this season.

£5m + Babayaro might get them thinking, might. :thup:

Aslong as they have never seen him play they might :lol: I would love Baines here though, he's impressed me a lot this season.

Well, worth a shot wasn't it?  :lol:

£6m though, might see him move.

I'd be happy to trade Carr, Bramble, Babayaro or Butt (even in good form) if they wanted any of them, Jewell did buy Heskey, so he's not as switched on as people give him credit for!  :winking:

£5m + Babayaro might get them thinking, might.  :thup:

Are you assuming that Wigan are going to be dropped?  Why would they want a Championship Level player for a future England player?

After the Chimbonda fiasco, Jewell wouldn't let him leave for less than £8m and I'm sure he'd tell us to keep Bab's whilst getting stuffed

in the process. 

I'd pay £8m for him to be honest.

If there is one position in our team that we are crying out for improvement - it's left-back. Baines is a quality left-back and will develop into a cracking player. We either spend the money or settle for more Babas.

I would also pay a lot for him, we need a top class player and with a good full back it also helps the attack as the winger doesnt have to do as much "tidying up" and someone like Baines would be an attacking threat himself.

i'd love to see us bring baines in, i get nervous every time a see a player take baba on.

I just hope that arsenal are not too serious about their interest. which other quality left back could we sign if we fail to nab baines?

i reckon maldini's had his day to be honest, so i'd pass on him.I think bridge would be a great option just not sure whether chelsea will sell him, especially as the title race is getting super hot.

It's quite a worrying position for us to be in cus other than bridge or baines nobody else jumps out at me when i think of left backs. Quick question guys, do you think we should be going for a disiplined, solid left back or a quick attack minded one?  I personally just want someone who won't get abused like baba! LOL

Guest Bellers

i reckon maldini's had his day to be honest, so i'd pass on him.I think bridge would be a great option just not sure whether chelsea will sell him, especially as the title race is getting super hot.

It's quite a worrying position for us to be in cus other than bridge or baines nobody else jumps out at me when i think of left backs. Quick question guys, do you think we should be going for a disiplined, solid left back or a quick attack minded one?  I personally just want someone who won't get abused like baba! LOL

LOL i no da abuse he getz iz bad. There r more than 2 left baks in da world though....

FFS man are you seriously dumb? Try talking in English...

probably are but im strugging to think of many, which premiership left backs impress you?

Not many, need to go outside of the EPL imo.

Been saying for a while we should look in Germany.

Matty Taylor would spring to many peoples mind if you think of EPL Lb's, but take away his cracking shots and he's a pretty average player, even worse defender.

toon's taylor do you know the names of any off the left backs in germany? i don't really get to watch much of german football, fill me in.

you guys remember distin at left back? when i was younger i used to want to be didier domi, what the hell happened to him?

That's quite tragic mate :lol: ;)

I know i feel crazy for even admiting that, but hey i was young lol