The Guitarist Thread Idea

Guest kebabstylee

Guest kebabstylee

OK, here's the idea. All of us guitarists record something either video or audio and upload it and we can all look at each others playing and critique it. Yeah? It's kind of a college thing (for me) but I thought it would be a nice thread anyway. So here's my effort from this evening...

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1UE2OQ5K3IAC40B6D3QH5712ON

Let me know what you think, and then do one of your own. :D

EDIT: By the way, I haven't worked out the entire solo yet, this is just half an hours work, so it ends a bit abruptly. Still good though ;)

Guest lessthanlee

Sounds a good idea! Does it have to be your own piece or a cover? (i cant view your file at the mo as im at work).

I'd have a try at something but im not much of a lead guitarist, i cant move my fingers fast enough :p

Guest bobbyshinton

a bit of a digress.  just got a guitar (Tanglewood semi) do you know of any good tutors for lessons in the waaaalsend are or at least east end?

I was going to try the Music school on chilly road

Nice one Kebab.  Nice Darkness T-shirt too.  Obviously steeped in 80'sness.

I'll see if I can get my camera to record a short video when I get home tonight.  If I can't, does anyone know a program I can use to record audio to my PC?  I can plug my effects into my PC but don't know how to record the results.

Cheers

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guus Hiddink is quite a good acoustic player actually, when he left PSV the first time round he played for the players at a leaving ceremony

Guest kebabstylee

I've just took up bass, im fairing quite badly , anyone got any tips on time keeping, and being able to play at imense speeds.

Practice with a metronome. Seriously. Just play the same scale over and over again. If u mess it up (even slightly) then slow down the metronome and start again. Gradually speed up and up and you'll be playing like steve vai (on bass) after a while. Here's an online metronome by the way.. http://www.metronomeonline.com/index.php?style=classic

Guest kebabstylee

Nice one Kebab. Nice Darkness T-shirt too. Obviously steeped in 80'sness.

I'll see if I can get my camera to record a short video when I get home tonight. If I can't, does anyone know a program I can use to record audio to my PC? I can plug my effects into my PC but don't know how to record the results.

Cheers

youknowsit ;)

Guest kebabstylee

Quality tune nicos! You play it differently to me, i think ur way is the proper way tho. That's inspired me to go and re-learn it now, whats it called? Drag Racer or sumthin...

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I have a microphone but that's it really. Is there any way I could plug that in the PC and record something?

Guest kebabstylee

I have a microphone but that's it really. Is there any way I could plug that in the PC and record something?

Use sound recorder. It's under Start > Accessories, then entertainment i think...

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Use sound recorder. It's under Start > Accessories, then entertainment i think...

the mic ive got has a plug on the end like a pair of headphones do ya know where I could plug it in?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

it's working now but the volume is very low, I've adjusted all the volume settings to the highest you can hear it but its quiet, gonna play some stuff now see what it's like

Guest NewcastleRocker

I'll lay down some acoustic shit now.

Any requests?

Local hero?

Home Newcastle?

Sweet Home Alabama!?