Stelios

Nobby

Stelios Giannakopoulos does not believe luck has gone his way this season as he tries to win back his place in the Bolton side.

Last season's top scorer has been frustrated this term after falling down the pecking order at The Reebok Stadium.

Nicolas Anelka's arrival has meant Stelios has been warming the bench for most games this season.

And when the chances have come, the Greek midfielder has been unable to take them, with last week a prime example.

With El Hadji Diouf suspended, Stelios got his chance to impress against Aston Villa, but was struck down by injury mid-way through the first half.

"I passed a late fitness test, but after 25 minutes I got injured, so it wasn't my day against Aston Villa," Stelios told Sky Sports News.

"I've tried to get back fit as quickly as possible.

"I've had an unlucky season so far, I've had a couple of injuries that have kept me back and this is a situation I've tried to fight.

"I never give up, the team is going well and I try to do my best."

Stelios has been linked with a January move away from Bolton, with Newcastle rumoured to be lining up a £2million bid.

However, Stelios is keen to stay and prove himself to manager Sam Allardyce in the second half of the season.

He said: "The gaffer believes in my abilities which is the most important thing for me and I'll try to show him that I'm still going for it.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436843&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Stelios+rues+his+luck

I reckon he's a canny player, better than Milner. If we got a striker, a centre half, and 2 new full backs first, I'd take him.

He's about 32, no point in replacing Milner with someone who will play for about a year and a half

I don't think Milner is half as bad as what people make out, he is 20 years old had arguably as good a season as Zog last season and probably a better one this season. Ones a hero and the others "shit" but you wouldn't guess which one was which with the description!