Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Worst feeling watching a game I've ever had this. Hate the fans, hate the manager, hate myself, everything is just fucked. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Aye I've felt ill at times. I didn't think I'd revert to the whole 'wanting us to lose' thing but then, all of a sudden, my heart sank when I thought Almiron had won us a penalty. So I guess I'm there, sigh.

I think it's maybe more a case of me wanting the fans to be miserable, because I am incredibly fond of most the players. And Steve Bruce of course. Did you see that backheel thing? What an endearing Geordie cunt.

Worst feeling watching a game I've ever had this. Hate the fans, hate the manager, hate myself, everything is just fucked. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I’m really tempted to stick it on. Been telling myself I wouldn’t for weeks now.

Don't mate, really. Seeing our fans carrying on like nowt has happened this summer is the worst thing of the lot.

Give it 15-20 minutes then take off Longstaff or Shelvey for Saint-Maximin and go with Rafa’s system. Most likely he’ll come on for Almiron.

ASM and Miggy supporting Joelinton will really push them back imo.

Longstaff looks a guy who is little off the pace. May come into it more second half. Willems for Ritchie?

Can't hate miggy.

Err why not? Runs like a headless chicken, no goals, diver and looks like the crazy frog, what's to like?

"Looks like the crazy frog"?? Is that....even meant to be amusing? Shite craic that.

Whole match has been gash so far tbf.

Can't hate miggy.

Err why not? Runs like a headless chicken, no goals, diver and looks like the crazy frog, what's to like?

stinks of mackem in here all of a sudden

Guest neesy111

We don't look anywhere near as well-drilled as we did under Benitez.

Looks more huff and puff up-front, which will work in these type of games.

We don't look anywhere near as well-drilled as we did under Benitez.

I don't think any of the midfield know who is meant to stay deep to help the defence in case of counter attack, as such none do and there is a huge gap between the lines. Few counter attacks and our cbs could easily be bypassed as they were all on their heels trying to get in position and noone available to snuff the danger out or pressure the player breaking with the ball

47k :lol:

5k down on the usual is progress for us tbf, against the likes of Norwich who only bring 1k up then we could be looking at 8k/9k empty seats some games this season

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. I’d consider that an initial success.

:thup: it's a decent start. I'd expected we'd be looking at 40k or less when there was the chaos around Rafa but a few signings and decent opposition on the first weekend seem to have convinced some to go.

I'm disappointed though as I think the attendances from here on in will be pretty results dependant. "If Rafa Goes We Go" seems to have been a fairly empty sentiment on a large scale. If 10k or so regulars have packed it in then it seems 5k or so others have been happy to fill the void.

It's not enough really and the only thing that will see it go down to 40k or so is rubbish performances and results on the pitch, hence part of the mixed feelings for watching our matches now.

Whole thing f***ing sucks, growing up with the club in the 90s then 00s seeing how fun NUFC could be and experiencing this nothingness now where my main hope was seeing as many empty seats as possible is a real kick in the teeth.

Guest neesy111

Very wet so difficult conditions, but I think Arsenal were there for the taking first half. An opportunity we may later regret.

:thup: