Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Guest neesy111

Decent from us, but against full strength Arsenal side we'd be struggling badly.

That’s our level though, as long as we give Burnley and palace a game. Support the team.

:thup:

We’ve been decent. Joelinton looks good, Miggy lively.

How have we been great, midfield and defence completely detached, makes defence look bad but in reality it's what's in front. We will lose this 2-0, you can have all the pace in the world but no end product makes it look utter trash.

City and Liverpool would be about 6 up by now. Only benefit is just how shit Arsenal look

We have looked ok, think we have looked the better team going forward when we had that 15 minute spell.

Getting caught out with the over the top balls though.

Yet again another case where the referee will pull up a foul on them and let play go on for ones against us. It kills the game a bit and led to the chance that Arsenal had where Dúbravka had to make a save.

I’m the opposite - that was pure s****

^this - defensively we're all over.

It was utter garbage, even if might running and a few pot shots made all the match going pussies wet, it was fucking gash

Worst feeling watching a game I've ever had this. Hate the fans, hate the manager, hate myself, everything is just fucked. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I’m really tempted to stick it on. Been telling myself I wouldn’t for weeks now.

Guest neesy111

Only hope is more tickets sold nowadays per match basis, some of the happy clappers will stop going after a few games.

Pretty tepid game, really. We had a pretty decent spell where we forced a couple of chances. Shelvey was unlucky with his effort that hit the post and Linton's had three good opportunities to really test the keeper. It's been pretty evenly matched though, only really Hayden for us that I've been especially impressed with.

47k :lol:

5k down on the usual is progress for us tbf, against the likes of Norwich who only bring 1k up then we could be looking at 8k/9k empty seats some games this season

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. I’d consider that an initial success.

How have we been great, midfield and defence completely detached, makes defence look bad but in reality it's what's in front. We will lose this 2-0, you can have all the pace in the world but no end product makes it look utter trash.

City and Liverpool would be about 6 up by now. Only benefit is just how shit Arsenal look

Didn’t realise decent means great. Yes, I also think we’ll lose.

47k :lol:

5k down on the usual is progress for us tbf, against the likes of Norwich who only bring 1k up then we could be looking at 8k/9k empty seats some games this season

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. I’d consider that an initial success.

Aye, it was always going to be 47-48k going off the seating plan a few days ago, prob about 43k there.

It's not great but not a disaster, a sell out would have been.

Lets not forget Arsenal have sold their full allocation.