Fatty: I'm a big liar

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

"It’s unfair. Look at the facts — Kenny Dalglish and Ruud Gullit both resigned, Sir Bobby Robson was here for five years and Graeme Souness, well let’s just say every Geordie in the world was telling me to sack him before I did.

"Glenn’s job has never been on the line, not even after the Sheffield United defeat. Not once have I regretted appointing him.

"He may be a Cockney but this is his spiritual home. I certainly don’t hear any complaints from fans about Glenn being in charge.

"Yes, I once said I’d leave when the club won its first Cup under my chairmanship but well, the Intertoto doesn’t count. Anyway, it’s not even a cup, it’s glass!

"Don’t get me wrong, I’m not decrying the competition, it’s been very good for us and we’re delighted and honoured to be its last survivors in the UEFA Cup but I think the fans knew what I meant.

"Considering the injuries, Glenn has done a fantastic job. In fact, I doubt even Sir Alex Ferguson could have done a better one in the circumstances.

"You can only go to war with what you’ve got and the truth is he’s gone into a lot of battles without his heavy artillery and he’s won quite a few of them. Now we’re starting to get a few back and you can see the difference.

"We always knew it would be a difficult season. Losing Alan Shearer through retirement and then Michael Owen at the World Cup would have an adverse affect on any club in Europe.

"But it didn’t end there. Shola Ameobi is out for the season, Kieron Dyer is only just back, Titus Bramble and Craig Moore have had their injury problems, Stephen Carr, Charles N’Zogbia . . . the list goes on.

"I saw a Newcastle Crocks XI the other day and thought, 'that’s not a bad team'. It would win a hell of a lot more games than it lost. And yet Glenn rarely complains.

"There’s a lot to look forward to in 2007. Michael will be back at some stage and goals are guaranteed from that young man. He’s only played 10 games and scored seven goals. If he scores at the same ratio, then think what a difference that will make.

"I want to make it clear that I’m as committed to Newcastle as I’ve ever been. I’m desperate for success.

"I’m Fred the fan first, chairman second. I first started watching Newcastle as a kid on the Gallowgate End and I’ll continue watching until the day I die. It’s my club — and I mean that not as a chairman, but in the way every fan says it’s his or her club."

---------------------------------------------

More lies    :roll:

"Glenn’s job has never been on the line, not even after the Sheffield United defeat. Not once have I regretted appointing him.

"He may be a Cockney but this is his spiritual home. I certainly don’t hear any complaints from fans about Glenn being in charge.

sunderland fans?

Guest eyeball_tickler

its great how he has to fill every interview with "im a geordie" and "im a fan first" stuff. i love him. he should be fan of the day in the programme.

Guest Invicta_Toon

some more gems:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2516715,00.html

Historically, relations between the boardroom and the dug-out have not always been smooth at St James’ Park, but continuity is apparently the club’s new mantra.

With Tyneside dominated by takeover talk — the Belgravia Group has completed due diligence on Newcastle’s accounts, while Polygon is among the companies to express interest in the club — Shepherd has reiterated his commitment to the chairmanship. “I’m still planning for the short-term, the medium-term and the long-term,” he said.

Shepherd’s role prompts less harmony from supporters, but he is not actively seeking to relinquish control. “A lot of chairmen are passing through clubs but that’s not me,” he said. “I could never do what Ken Bates or Peter Ridsdale [the former Chelsea and Leeds United chairmen respectively] did and join another club’s board if I ever left Newcastle.

“On the takeover, I’ve said as much as Stock Exchange rules allow but I want to make it clear that I’m as committed to Newcastle as I’ve ever been. I’m desperate for success and will do everything in my power to bring it here. ”

Dalglish did NOT resign - he was fired. Gullit HAD to go, or HE would have been fired too.

They just came to an arrangement with him to resign AND get a pay-off, to avoid(further)embarrassment.

Gullit got nothing on departure and Dalglish got less than £500k.

"He may be a Cockney but this is his spiritual home. I certainly don’t hear any complaints from fans about Glenn being in charge."

Too busy complaining about you being in charge, Matey.

Guest Canny_Fettle

The other great lie, of course, is the "i'm a Geordie" - he needs to look up the definition and i don't think it had anything in about being born in Cumberland.

"Tell a big lie, tell it enough times and it becomes the truth" - Freddie has been taking lessons from Adolf Hitler!!!

Dalglish did NOT resign - he was fired. Gullit HAD to go, or HE would have been fired too.

They just came to an arrangement with him to resign AND get a pay-off, to avoid(further)embarrassment.

Are you sure!?? Dalglish took the Club to Court, and they settled before the case arose....

As for Gullit....

Gullit got nothing on departure and Dalglish got less than £500k.

If this is becoming a thread to highlight his lies then here's another one:

"The amount of text messages and emails we have had in support of Glenn run into their thousands.  The supporters have identified Glenn as the man they want. We have listened to them.  This is what they wanted.  This is what they have got. "