League Cup 2nd Round - Newcastle unsurprisingly knocked out by Leicester

Fast turn around for this game. Mass changes no doubt with the likes of Darlow, Shelvey, Willems, Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark, Muto, Ki and possibly Matty Longstaff in?

People never learn. A decade of playing too many sub standard players at once in the cup is the reason we get knocked out early every year. Only way to make the semis or final like we used to is play your best team. Anything other than a best 11 is asking to be knocked out early. Again.

I'm not fussed like just saying, I would hate it if they got to the final under these circumstances as I couldn't go and definitely wouldn't be able to enjoy it

Guest covmag

Fast turn around for this game. Mass changes no doubt with the likes of Darlow, Shelvey, Willems, Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark, Muto, Ki and possibly Matty Longstaff in?

People never learn. A decade of playing too many sub standard players at once in the cup is the reason we get knocked out early every year. Only way to make the semis or final like we used to is play your best team. Anything other than a best 11 is asking to be knocked out early. Again.

I'm not fussed like just saying, I would hate it if they got to the final under these circumstances as I couldn't go and definitely wouldn't be able to enjoy it

So say by some minor miracle we get to the final say against Burnley , the biggest chance in my lifetime , I’m over 50 , to win a domestic trophy and you still wouldn’t go?

Sorry but I would, like a fucking shot

Guest covmag

Yesterday's result will put a few more on the attendance.

Not many at £20 like , not a chance , maybe an extra 1000

So say by some minor miracle we get to the final say against Burnley , the biggest chance in my lifetime , I’m over 50 , to win a domestic trophy and you still wouldn’t go?

Sorry but I would, like a f***ing shot

No I wouldn't. I'd be a massive hypocrite if I did

Guest covmag

Sorry but I would, like a f***ing shot

No I wouldn't. I'd be a massive hypocrite if I did

It’s the one game I would never miss, don’t give a fuck about Ashley but howay man, who you trying to kid? It would fucking kill you to miss it, you’d let him rob you of that?

I bet you’d want us to lose as well eh?

Guest covmag

Think that's known as cutting off your nose to spite your face folks

I can guarantee the same poster will want us to lose and be pleased we did.

Which people are you referring to? The head coaches and managers we've had over the years? The fans don't pick the team.

Sorry but I would, like a fucking shot

Totally agree. I'd be there in a shot. I hate Ashley as much as anyone but to see Newcastle United lift a trophy will probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity, I've invested 27 of my 34 years into NUFC and no chance I'd be missing it.

Cup Final is a no brainer. If we won the match you do know there's nothing he can do to take the win away right? He cant sell it in the summer. Or ruin it with under-investment. It would be ours. Ashley would never be able to take it away. Be the best thing ever, because he'd hate it aswell.

Guest covmag

why is the Everton v Lincoln City match on tv and not the all PL match?

Our match would bore the tits off you, I prefer these types of giantkilling , it’s what the cups for.

I have to say that i'd struggle to enjoy watching Bruce/Charnley/Ashley being as smug as fuck over a cup win.

Thankfully, I have full confidence that I won't be faced with the reality of it actually happening.

Can Aarons and the like play in this?

He can according to: -

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-news-live-magpies-16816195

League Cup squad rules

So Henri Saivet, Jack Colback, Achraf Lazaar and Rolando Aarons may not have been named in the Premier League 25-man squad but they can play in the League Cup, we understand. Squad rules only apply to the Premier League.

Whether Steve Bruce will play any is another matter, but they have been training with the first team.