Nintendo DS

Clay

I'm buying one of these for my girlfriends birthday present in January with Animal crossing. Her friend is getting one aswell, I'm just wondering if they could connect to each other without subscribing to something?

They can connect to each other when they're near each other (I think Animal Crossing does local wireless, doesn't it?), or over t'internet if they've got a wireless connection at home.  If they've just got a wired connection they can buy a dongle wotsit to plug into their computer which would allow them to connect wirelessly as long as their PC's on.

No charges or owt.

Mayb be worth getting her a, erm, back up device as her next birthday prezzie. ;)

Hmm.. She doesn't have a Wireless connection, and i'm not sure about local wireless or not.

I would of thought the DS would have had something in them to connect to another one if they were in close range to each other. Similar to bluetooth in phones.

What's this backup device you speak of?

Hmm.. She doesn't have a Wireless connection, and i'm not sure about local wireless or not.

I would of thought the DS would have had something in them to connect to another one if they were in close range to each other. Similar to bluetooth in phones.

What's this backup device you speak of?

They do, you can chat and play games with people over local wireless, which is bluetooth I believe.  Pretty sure animal crossing lets you do that, as do things like Nintendogs.  Some games let you play multiplayer even if only one person has the game ("download play")

There's loads of back up devices, here's a selection

http://gbatemp.net/?dynamic=8