2nd best buy of the summer...

Guest FlapjackJoe

If it's based on the league then it's no surprise Sibbers isn't there. Kanu is rightly #1 IMO, amazed at the number of goals he's scored so far.

Same here, sure he scored ONE goal in twelve months at WBA!

Kranjcar, Diawara and Ooijer?

They've all been terrible! Ooijer is worse than Bramble at his worst to be honest. Dont care if he's an international, he's bene exceedingly poor.

If people like that got on the list Im surprised Tevez didnt.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

im shocked about sibs not being on there surely he was value for nothing. this season he has been far more reliable than shevchenko, but i am glad to see that oba is getting some credit.

Diawara?!? Huth?!? Ooijer?!? Shev-fucking-chenko?!?

You can use statistics to proove anything (40% of all people know that) and there are some decent signing s on the list but some of the names included ahead of the likes of Sibierski, Trabelsi, James, and Chimbonda? I'd be embarrased to print that article - What a crock of shite. I mean, didn't the #5 Diawara get slated by his chairman this week? mental.gif

Guest FlapjackJoe

Well, in fairness, this isn't a case of using stats to prove anything, since it's an independant article - and Oba's name came out second.

It's not linked to the transfer fee at all (if you read the article, the reason for this is that Michael Ballack, for example, was signed on a free, but his wages - which is unknown - would change that).

Having said that, obviously some criteria were used to determine the "value add" of a player over the course of a season - and these criteria can always be questioned as to how accurate they are.

I just found it interesting that Oba did so well.  And especially interesting that he is 3 times better than Craig Bellamy!  ;-)