Non-NUFC games you've attended / are attending

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Think there's no thread already for this.

Went to Estadio do Drago on saturday to watch Porto play.  Very good stadium and atmosphere.  Will post photos/videos later.

Barca v Werder Bremen.  I think it was 2005 and I was 16/17.  Absolutely loved it. 

Various shite Cambridge United games.

Boro v Blackburn back when we got relegated the first time under Ashley, if memory serves.  I'm sure it was 0-0 and utter garbage.

Various Arsenal games.  Great stadium and some decent enough pubs nearby.

WBA v Sunderland - 0-0  :neutral:

Charlton v Crystal Palace

Loads of lower league/semi-pro games.

The first one I can vaguely remember going to other than NUFC was Peterborough vs York.  Fuck knows how young I was, but I think I fell asleep and thought it was strange that there was no commentary :lol: I'm sure that was 0-0 and all :lol:

Bromley of course, they're my main team now

Gateshead, my uncle was a season ticket holder, at school we put out a fanzine for about 6 readers

Rochdale away games in London, my ex was a fan

New York Red Bulls, Henry scored direct from a corner

Barca, really bad game, Messi got stretchered off on about 7 minutes

Real Madrid, can't remember much about the game but the heaters for the crowd were nice

Nice, Hatem's registration hadn't come through in time

Nice, Hatem played but didn't do much

Whitby, can't remember who against but I was having a solo holiday near there

Maidenhead Utd, also play in black and white and are called Magpies

Reading, lots of games when I lived there and they were newly good, shite business park location though

Bradford, went for a stag do in Leeds and took in Bradford v Brentford

Fulham, one of their European games

Arsenal, regularly used to go to their pre-season Emirates cup thing

France v Romania, opening game of the Euros in Paris, Romania fans had nicked our seats but we found an empty spot nearby!

I lived in Boro for a while but I don't think I ever went, might have gone to the Riverside once

Narrowly missed going to San Antonio FC in Ibiza because my mates wouldn't go. Also in Istanbul I didn't want to risk taking my girlfriend to a game :lol:

Bristol Rovers V Cambridge circa mid 90's. Had relatives who lived in bath and my cousin often popped along to watch Rovers. It was a relegation battle towards the end of a season. Stood in terraces for the 1st time in my life, must have been around 12/13. Great crack and was full where we stood. This was around the time NUFC were on the up and it was getting hard to see us so actually enjoyed this. Scrappy game ended 1 all.

Blyth V some league club who I forget but was a few years. Blyth won and we invaded the pitch with their fans for shits and giggles. Tripped over my mate as he marauded onto the pitch and he went flying met by a huge raw  :lol: The club and pub right nearby were bouncing, really enjoyed it and keep meaning to go back.

Also done a few North Shields, Whitley Bay and Gateshead games. Always a decent day out.

Nearly got a ticket to the Spurs Liverpool Champions League final as my mate is a Spurs fan but couldn't justify the cost. So I've done nowt exotic as of yet but on the bucket list.

When I was a kid I went to a football tournament on the South Coast with the school. We went to the Brighton vs Liverpool match at the Goldstone Ground, it finished 3-3.

10 years ago I saw Barcelona smash Malaga 6-0 at the Nou Camp. Xavi, Messi,Thierry Henry, Eto'o & Dani Alves on the scoresheet. Albert Luque was playing for Malaga. Cracking sausage sarnie at half time.

Shamefully joined a couple of pals on a trip from Berwick to Roker Pk circa '79 for SAFC v WHFC. Canny day out but, tbf, anywhere away from Berwick was. Can't recall anything about the game  :D

Berwick v Hibs. 1980

George Best playing....ish. I was in the "Ducket" at the time the wall collapsed. The Ducket being the stand opposite the main stand where the few radgies stood. Always weird to see about 40 Berwick hoolies sing "you'll never take the Ducket" whilst surrounded by 1000s of laughing Hibs fans (that day) or Celtic/Rangers fans at other games.

ps Best was gash, looked pissed.

https://www.berwickshirenews.co.uk/sport/football/berwick-rangers/how-george-best-missed-the-hibs-team-bus-and-was-then-subbed-off-1-3708844

Espanyol v Deportivo 2009

Wor kid's stag do.

iirc it was about £70 a ticket on the door and we were mortal. Not sure what the Spaniards, from both sides, made of us. Despite our inebriation we were fairly well behaved. Definately more biosterous than any of them tho.

My brother & I missed the flight back as well and had to fly to East Mids then get a train home. Brilliant

When I was a kid I went to a football tournament on the South Coast with the school. We went to the Brighton vs Liverpool match at the Goldstone Ground, it finished 3-3.

10 years ago I saw Barcelona smash Malaga 6-0 at the Nou Camp. Xavi, Messi,Thierry Henry, Eto'o & Dani Alves on the scoresheet. Albert Luque was playing for Malaga. Cracking sausage sarnie at half time.

Was that the game they had an obscene amount of possession? Like even more than usual? About 85%?

Went to an England under 21’s game at SJP, against Turkey I think it was.

Been to Whitley Bay’s FA Vase win (the last one).

Been to North Shields FA Vase win.

Went to a Whitley Bay game, left at half time because I was ill.

Been to numerous North Shields games.

Been to a North Shields Athletic pre-season friendly in Wigan.

Been to see Doncaster vs Watford.

Been to Hull vs Man Utd.

I nearly got tickets to see the African Champions League final when I was in Tunisia and the local team were involved.

Too many local non league matches to remember or list, although non for years. Edinburgh derby, Hibs v St Mirren, countless Makem matches over the years when we were in league below ( to see man u, liverpool ect), York v someone a very long time ago, Sheffield Utd v Forest, Leeds game mid eighties (cant remember opposition) probably loads more that I'll recall after posting. Used to love just watching a match without the total emotion of "must win" which NUFC held when I was away training or on a break somewhere.

Just remembered went to Euro 96 matches at SJP and Olympics one's.

I've been to the odd Middlesbrough game at the riverside, can't remember who the other teams were.

Also England when they played at SJP against ?

And England at the SOS (Shearer overhead kick)

I was at the England game at Sunderland too v Belgium it was circa 99

Went to Real Madrid v Valencia last season. great stadium home team won 2-0. nee one goes for a drink before or after the game so got served nee bother. we lost at home to WHU 0-3 so I picked he right weekend to go!

Guest covmag

Too many to mention when I was young, I just loved the matches.

Had a weird like of Darlington, went regular , just for the rucks.

Attended far less games than I'd like to have.

NY Redbulls vs Man City - 2010

Tottenham vs Sporting Lisbon - 2010

Argentina vs United States - 2011

Tottenham vs Swansea - 2013

NYC FC vs Orlando City FC - 2017

Hopefully will be attending more NYC FC games in the future.

Ryton & Crawcrook v Durham City - this season

Whickham v Thornaby - this season

Blyth v York - this season

AC Milan v Lazio - last season

Chelsea v Maribor - few years ago

Augsburg v Dusseldorff - few years ago

Ingolstadt v FSV Frankfurt - few years ago

Hope to attend more European and local / domestic games this season.