Newcastle v Watford premier league 31/8/2019 pre match blather 3pm kick off

Guest covmag

Not sure we’ll win this. Yes they have had a bad start, and I could possibly see us capitalising in it with a fully fit squad, but we don’t have one. It’s not often a team will lose 4 league games in a row, unless they’re in a relegation battle, which I don’t expect off Watford. Our squad mostly crocked, Bruce with pressure on to get a home result, I think this is where Watford will start their season.

With Ritchie, Krafth and Willems likely out, we'll probably have to play Dummett and Manquillo as the wing backs so guessing we'll go something like this:

Dubravka

Schar      Lascelles  Fernandez

Manquillo      Hayden  Longstaff    Dummett

Almiron              Atsu

Joelinton

You could argue Atsu is better than an unproven ASM, that Manquillo is better than Krafth and that Fernandez at CB is a good thing. Of course Dummett will offer little going forward but we should be solid down that side.

:lol: I mean, the Ritchie one is obviously unlucky, but it's been a long time since we've had rafts of players out with what are presumably muscular strains, at least one of which being the direct responsibility of the management team. ASM was crocked after one sprint; what sort of expertise were being applied to that situation to adjudge that he was suitable to start a game?

With Ritchie, Krafth and Willems likely out, we'll probably have to play Dummett and Manquillo as the wing backs so guessing we'll go something like this:

Dubravka

Schar      Lascelles  Fernandez

Manquillo      Hayden  Longstaff    Dummett

Almiron              Atsu

Joelinton

I would be happy with that and assume it’s a draw or win for us with that solidity at the back.