Bye bye Bramble?

sempuki

COLEMAN IN SHOCK MOVE FOR BRAMBLE

Exclusive

By John Cross

FULHAM boss Chris Coleman has lined up a shock cut-price swoop for Newcastle's blunder defender Titus Bramble.

Bramble, 25, renowned for his defensive mistakes, is out of contract at the end of the season and Fulham have set up a £500,000 deal in the January transfer window.

The former Ipswich defender could walk away from Newcastle on a Bosman-style free transfer at the end of the season and that has alerted Fulham.

Coleman believes he can mould Bramble into a top quality centre-half and, as a former defender himself, is hopeful he can bring out his potential.

Bramble has been injured but Fulham are hoping to bring him in January and the Suffolkborn defender would also welcome a move south.

Coleman is hoping to get busy in January with a move for Everton's Simon Davies and he is also hoping to get Chelsea midfielder Lassana Diarra on loan until the end of the season.

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has, in turn, confirmed he would love to snap up Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips on loan.

Guest kinaldo

I bet we sell him then don't sign any defenders, like we did with Boumsong. Then when everyone gets injured (which they no doubt will) our back four will consist of Solano, Ramage, Butt and Huntington - and that's being optimistic!

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Knight is at least better than Bramble, but I cant see him coming. Have we ever bought a player from Colemans "expensive" boys?

Knight is at least better than Bramble, but I cant see him coming. Have we ever bought a player from Colemans "expensive" boys?

I honestly don't think he is, infact he is one of the defenders in the league I would say was worse than Bramble!

I don't think he'll go in january at all(would love him to), im not that confident the club will have a replacement lined up, it's all good letting him go but all we need is more injury's and were fooked!

How on earth can that be good news ? Here we are with a massively weakend squad and you lot get excited at us selling another player. Titus looked like a better player since the promise of a new contract if he upped his game. Gives him a new 2 years deal and if we do sell then do it at the end of the season and not now.

Also if it is to Fulham I would be as awkward as possible over the deal, see how that fker likes it.

How on earth can that be good news ?

How about..hmmmm......he won't be pulling on a newcastle shirt again. therefore.......he will not cost us goals!

Titus looked like a better player since the promise of a new contract if he upped his game. Gives him a new 2 years deal and if we do sell then do it at the end of the season and not now.

:lol: Yeah, give him the new contract and then he'll be back to his old self again. Costing us goal and wasting more money on him for ANOTHER x years.

Who said someone will come and buy him at the end of the season anyway? Hasn't it crossed your mind that Coleman is only interested in him because his contract is running out?(Therefore he's cheap.)

How on earth can that be good news ? Here we are with a massively weakend squad and you lot get excited at us selling another player. Titus looked like a better player since the promise of a new contract if he upped his game. Gives him a new 2 years deal and if we do sell then do it at the end of the season and not now.

Also if it is to Fulham I would be as awkward as possible over the deal, see how that fker likes it.

Bramble has had plenty of chances, he's not good enough and needs replacing.

Replacing bramble will not weaken the squad unless we get somebody worse for his position or replace him with somebody who isn't a defender.

Letting Bramble go for 500T would be a stupid decision that is well down to Freddie's usual standard. He's a far more useful player than most fans give him credit for. I do get the feeling that if it was left to Roeder, he'd get a new contract and rightly too.