Lockwood Cup 2021 - poll in OP

Lockwood Cup 2021  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which Saturday in Autumn can you make it? (Select all that apply)

2. 2. Format, in the event we get 20+? (Select one)

• Two teams default (one match, classic Red vs Blue)
    • Tournament (four team league, six games)
  3. 3. Accessibility! If you selected 'Tournament', should we include a walking game? (Select one)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, KDT said:

In if there’s room.

Definitely! My ambition is 24. Apologies for not including you among the initial group. Stick some votes down. Ideal if you can make the 30th. 

Incidentally if we do the tournament (which I realise I'm pushing for but so fuck I think it'll be class and I never got to take part in the original one :lol:) I'll book two pitches so there can always be two games concurrently and no one's sat around doing nowt waiting to play. Total cost would be £100 so we're still looking at no more than a fiver. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Incidentally if we do the tournament (which I realise I'm pushing for but so fuck I think it'll be class and I never got to take part in the original one :lol:) I'll book two pitches so there can always be two games concurrently and no one's sat around doing nowt waiting to play. Total cost would be £100 so we're still looking at no more than a fiver. 

A tournament would be class like and again I’m happy with whatever the majority go with. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Kind of rather watch the other game :lol:

If we get to 24 there'll be one sub each and I'll make the booking for two hours so there's plenty time for breathers in-between games. Don't worry about it lads, I've got a vision. 

6 minutes ago, RS said:

Is there an option to attend for those of a certain age who’s knees are made of chalk to allow the opportunity to heckle?

By all means. :thup:Venue will be Dunston Power League. 

14 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Definitely! My ambition is 24. Apologies for not including you among the initial group. Stick some votes down. Ideal if you can make the 30th. 

Yeah 30th is fine, much more a lurker these days anyway.

I quite like the idea of just one pitch and the rest you get from watching the other game means you can avoid the need for lots of subs as ultimately if you have subs they’ll be standing about anyway. Also like checking out the opposition.

One pitch. Booked for a couple of hours depending on how many groups of 5 we get. Maybe 25min games to allow 5mins for handover. 2 games per hour. Or 20min games and quick swap and get 3 games per hour even.

Saturday morning the 5’s pitches will be quiet so we won’t get kicked off instantly. You could even chance underestimating the time slot and play on for free. No ones going to check unless it’s fully booked.

Anyway whatever the majority want I’m happy to do. See what numbers we get and work backwards from there.

I'll reset the thread tonight with new poll options regarding the format. Looks like we've got 23 at the moment for the 30th including one or two that haven't voted in the poll, so I think we can get that locked in. I realise that numbers can (and probably will) change come matchday, as things inevitably and understandably crop up, and if we lose a lot we can just default to the standard two teams versus. But on the basis of us having loads of people involved (which would be so fucking great after the 18 months we've had), I think a tournament of some description is the way to go. 

I've selected some October dates as I think I'd prefer that, but I'm fine for early November too. Either way I'll have to book time off, up for it though.

Happy for tournament style, ideally, don't care about a walking game but if there are enough people who want to do one, im definitely fat enough and have knee problems as well...

• Yorkie locked and unpinned this topic