Lockwood Cup 2021 - poll in OP

Lockwood Cup 2021  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which Saturday in Autumn can you make it? (Select all that apply)

2. 2. Format, in the event we get 20+? (Select one)

• Two teams default (one match, classic Red vs Blue)
    • Tournament (four team league, six games)
  3. 3. Accessibility! If you selected 'Tournament', should we include a walking game? (Select one)

This poll is closed to new votes

Shall we set a date?

Also, does anyone fancy going absolutely mad and switching up the colours?

It’s usually early October as a guideline but obviously whatever works for the majority.

Blacks v Whites? neesy111[/member] can wear his NUFC top :lol:

When are next season’s fixtures out?

Surely it doesn’t have to be connected to an NUFC game now?

Not necessarily a NUFC match but if so then fine. It’s just nice for those who make a day and night of it to have a bit footy to watch afterwards and chat. For example if Marko decides to come all the way from Croatia would be nice for a few people to be out for the day and have something to watch.

The point of watching a game is just about getting folks together. Last time we did it was that painful Man Utd 3-2 game, but it was still great having everyone together.

Might make a come back.

Deffo, that would be great. :thup:

Yep. If Greg[/member] plays as well as Sifu[/member]  then that could spell the sad end to Catpiss aka Chris-Packet-Wrists in goal. We might have to retire a packet of tabs in recognition :lol:

For those travelling especially for this any weekends in October no good for you?

You's are forgetting social distancing rules will still apply then.  Also I can't see many pubs allowing a big group if it's most that play are out.

Outdoor football has already started in U.K. with even the councils opening up their outdoor facilities last week of August.

We don’t know what the pub situation will be so can’t rely on it either way. With schools going back September they might close them.

What weekend would be good for you coming from Madrid?

Yep. If Greg[/member] plays as well as Sifu[/member]  then that could spell the sad end to Catpiss aka Chris-Packet-Wrists in goal. We might have to retire a packet of tabs in recognition :lol:

For those travelling especially for this any weekends in October no good for you?

I'll play outfield.

I'll play outfield.

Problem solved :thup:

Best weekend for you travelling up?

Yeah, we can play but (right now) we can't all go to the pub.

Outside, we could technically go in two groups of 6... but it will be October.

Wouldn’t over think it. The truth is the pubs aren’t bothered and we usually only get 6 out at anyone one time apart from the post match chat at the Duncow which won’t be an issue with them :lol:

You's are forgetting social distancing rules will still apply then.  Also I can't see many pubs allowing a big group if it's most that play are out.

Outdoor football has already started in U.K. with even the councils opening up their outdoor facilities last week of August.

We don’t know what the pub situation will be so can’t rely on it either way. With schools going back September they might close them.

What weekend would be good for you coming from Madrid?

I know that, I'm talking about watching a game.

I'll play outfield.

Problem solved :thup:

Best weekend for you travelling up?

I'll be in the North East from first week of September til end of November.

Yeah, we can play but (right now) we can't all go to the pub.

Outside, we could technically go in two groups of 6... but it will be October.

Wouldn’t over think it. The truth is the pubs aren’t bothered and we usually only get 6 out at anyone one time apart from the post match chat at the Duncow which won’t be an issue with them :lol:

Feel like there was loads of us out when I came over. :lol: Was a class night out.

Sure we can find a bar with outdoor seating we can book with heat lamps.  top my head Tyne Bar will be fine

Need to sort a date for game first. neesy111[/member] and AyeDubbleYoo[/member] care to comment?

• Yorkie changed the title to Lockwood Cup 2021 - poll in OP
  • Yorkie locked and unpinned this topic