Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United - 14/09/19 - reaction from page 11

BlueStar

Liverpool: Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Fabinho; Mane, Salah, Origi

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Shaqiri, Henderson, Lallana, Firmino

NUFC: Dubravka, Krafth, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Willems, Hayden, Shelvey, Atsu, Almiron, Joelinton

Subs: Darlow, Clark, Fernandez,Manquillo, Ki, M Longstaff, Muto

Referee: Andre Marriner (West Midlands)

Attendance:

Final score: 3-1

‘7 Willems

‘27 ‘38 Mané

‘70 Salah

Booked:

Sent off:

Television coverage: BT Sport

Radio coverage: TalkSport, BBC Radio Newcastle.

Online radio coverage in the UK: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live/.

Online radio coverage outside the UK: https://www.nufc.co.uk/liveaudio.html

PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DISCUSS, REQUEST OR PROVIDE LINKS TO ILLEGAL MATCH STREAMS. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE BANNED.

See www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0 for more information.

Urgh, so it's back again. I feel pretty glum, got to say. Sorry, I know it's been said a billion times this summer, but on matchdays it really hits home how rubbish it is to feel nothing for your team. I'm not making a conscious choice to feel nothing. I'm not trying to make a point or intentionally try and resist any emotion; it's involuntary.

And because I'm approaching the whole thing basically as a neutral, all I've got are my views on two football clubs and my desire to see bad people get their comeuppance. One club is ambitious with a charismatic manager who's earned his position in the dugout of the European champions, and a group of players who play brilliant football. The other club has no desire to succeed, an owner with no respect for the club or the sport, and a manager who is untalented, undeserving and disingenuous. As for the team, it's likeable enough but inherently flawed. How am I supposed to root for the latter in this scenario, especially when the soul has been taken away meaning you can't even default to 'it's Newcastle therefore I support them whatever'?

I don't want either team to win but I'd feel some sense of satisfaction if one of them failed.

:thup:

I’m just reading ‘Touching Distance’ at the moment. The contrast between the two incarnations of Newcastle Utd is stark and utterly sickening.

Anyone that's happy to accept this current empty husk of a ‘club’ needs an uppercut.