Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United - 14/09/19 - reaction from page 11

BlueStar

That's a howler.

Β 

There’s Bruce’s excuse for today.

Β 

β€˜We were doing well before...’

Β 

If by doing well he means parking 11 men in our own penalty area, then I suppose we've been doing well.

Not sure how Dubs got that so badly wrong.

Β 

Thought it was tricky for Atsu, got caught by two Liverpool players with no one to immediately release it to.

:thup: Atsu didn't really have anywhere to go,Β  nobody was giving an option. Terrible keeping

That's a howler.

Β 

There’s Bruce’s excuse for today.

Β 

β€˜We were doing well before...’

Β 

If by doing well he means parking 11 men in our own penalty area, then I suppose we've been doing well.

Β 

There will be zero criticism of Bruce for that happening.

Honestly how do some people still care? Like, what is the actual point of this season (or this club for that matter)?

Β 

Best case scenario is we stay up, and Bruce and Ashley take the credit for a 'great season'. Worst case...well, that's what I'm hoping to see unfold.

Β 

Disclaimer: I guess I still do care, I just see defeat after defeat after defeat as good for the club in the long run.

Guest reefatoon

Not that I am trying to say anything positive about Bruce as he is a total cunt, but we always played this deep against the top teams. It’s what makes football so wank now.

Krath is s**** at literally every part of the game no redeeming features other than 'he has good height'

Β 

He is Championship standard. A good fit for Brentford or QPR. Been saying this for a while now. A good lad but not good enough for NUFC.

So deep yet still not defending properly.

Β 

Aye, there's no craft or plan here. It's just two flat lines which are both extremely deep. There's no real pressing; I've seen Shelvey half-heartedly step out a couple of times but there's no definitive game plan to the defense. Under Rafa you'd see the two centre-midfielders take it in turns to pop out from their position to narrow the angle around the centre-circle; they would literally to-and-fro whenever we weren't in position. There's none of that here. In fact we should have given Diame another contract if this was all we were going to do.

Not that I am trying to say anything positive about Bruce as he is a total cunt, but we always played this deep against the top teams. It’s what makes football so wank now.

Β 

Yep, but Rafa was heavily criticised for it, the British managers are praised.

Β 

I'm only repeating myself here but in this case that's all we're doing - just being deep. There's no other semblance of a game plan.

Liverpool in second gear and a shame we've made mistakes and given them goals. Krafth was piss weak for the first and then Dubs has to do better on the second. It was a Liverpool in second gear throughball.

Β 

When weak teams roll over in this way to strong ones, the game becomes a non-event.