Newcastle United 0-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Greg

Saint-Maximin looks like a star. Fantastic energy and ability with the ball.

They said he was a dog kicking a balloon though ...

Been ages since we've had a player who can beat a man and drive us forward.  HBA was probably the last one we had.

Almiron.

So we showed up for 16 minutes.

It looks like this might just come down to keeping Shelvey out of the team, and that might make a massive difference. Maybe. If we're lucky.

:thup: Shelvey isn't a premier league midfielder like. I don't care how good his long range passing sometimes looks.

Fucking awful. Only turned up for the final 15 minutes. We made Brighton look like world beaters in the first half. Bruce has no answers, ASM came on and looked good, but that was not exactly Bruce’s mastermind.

2 points out of Norwich, Watford, and Brighton.

SMA is my type but this team is just a mess, no pattern , I’d be amazed if it stays up.

Steve Bruce genuinely looks like he hasn’t a fucking clue what he’s doing.

Easily the worst team in the PL

Yet 43,000 still want to watch it. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: performance. I think it was like 450 passes to 150 passes at about mid way thru the 2nd half against Brighton at home. Hopefully ASM is ready to start soon and maybe see what ASM-Joelinton-Almiron can get going. Not that I have much hope for it either way but at least they will look fast on the outside. I just dont see how this is sustainable and not look up and see 25 points with 6 to go or so on the season. Literally hoping the other team isnt clinical with a tall hope and prayer at the end with Carroll.

I must say, I will also give credit to Carroll man. The guy came on and gave the team a lift.

Actually held the ball up and got it to the players around him well. If he stays fit he will be useful.

There's pieces to work with on this team man, but the manager is just so goofy. No reason Shelvey should still be starting games. He is wretched, and negatively affects the team both going forward and defensively. It's laughable. Why hasn't the manager seen this yet?!

Guest neesy111

Dubravka 6

Willems 5

Schar 6

Lascelles 6

Dummett 5

Manquillo 5

Shelvey 4

Hayden 5

Atsu 7

Almiron 5

Joelinton 6