Newcastle United 0-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Greg

Wow; that was awful. Outplayed, no tempo, no intensity and no idea. Bruce spent most of the match on the touchline with his hands in his pockets doing absolutely nothing. It took him 25 minutes to react to being over run by which time we could have been 3 down.

I’ve no idea what formation we were playing but whatever it was Willems was like little boy lost. Complete shambles.

Isaac Hayden with the blue print on how the players should respond to the low attendance numbers in the post match interview  :clap2:

Absolutely beautiful interview.

?

?

tgarve[/member] I edited my previous post :)

?

?

:lol:

?

I read on twitter Caulkin saying how poor this game was so I tuned in for the last 30 minutes out of morbid curiosity, I was not disappointed! Clueless, directionless, incompetent and wouldn't have scored if we got an extra 6hrs added on. Bruce is absolutely clueless, MA FC will be lucky not to get relegated unless something changes and quickly, desperation for points will see more key players injured also, but it's a break from the old ball and chain so it's all good :thup:

I read on twitter Caulkin saying how poor this game was so I tuned in for the last 30 minutes out of morbid curiosity, I was not disappointed! Clueless, directionless, incompetent and wouldn't have scored if we got an extra 6hrs added on. Bruce is absolutely clueless, MA FC will be lucky not to get relegated unless something changes and quickly, desperation for points will see more key players injured also, but it's a break from the old ball and chain so it's all good :thup:

U should have witnessed the 1st half, we made Brighton look like Barcelona.

Didn’t anyone hear the Andy Carroll he’s one of our own chant, Jesus would have thought that was reserved for players that stay after coming through the academy not p*ss off for 9 years then return because no one else will have u

The last 30 minutes was 1970 Brazil compared to the 1st half.

They reckon less than 40,000 in the ground. I think this is probably the saddest spell I've known as a Newcastle fan, so much negativity and no real point in supporting the club, at least that's how it feels. I've not watched a single match since the end of last season, I've listened to 45 minutes (and that was by accident), I'm just not feeling it anymore. I still check the news but it's no longer the first thing on my list. I hate this for what it's become, it's soul destroying.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/09/steve-bruce-reacts-after-less-than-40000-watch-newcastle-0-brighton-0-with-nufc-29-possession-newcastle-united/

where to start? random musings.

1. there were about 38k there today.

2. why the fuck Bruce brought on Maximin when just days ago he was saying that he couldnt be rushed back as he hadnt had a pre-season.

3. bruce already blaming Rafa for the tactics.

4. where the fuck was Willems meant to be playing? so exposed down our left - should have hauled him off in place of another centre back and moved dummet to left back.

5. absolutely no pressure on their midfield. it was like having a one-man central midfield of Isaac Hayden. he wasnt having the best of games any way but he had no support. Ki should have been on a lot earlier to help him out.

6. almiron still seems to be one of our few threats but his confidence is shot and he is just too anxious.

7. nee bugger capable of taking a decent free-kick. each one absolutely wasted.

8. joelinton has no positional sense at all and yet again missed an absolute sitter of a header despite being under no pressure from any defender.

9. that new mural and that club crest at the south west corner of the stadium are simply cheap-looking and awful.

10. why the fuck did i let my kids talk me into renewing.

In case anyone hasn't read the quotes, here's what cabbage heed said about Rafa:

I’ve not tried not to change anything too much (from Benitez so far). We were far too open and tried to press the ball too far up the pitch and caused our own problems. We changed and it made us a little better.

Amazing considering Rafa had literally none of those issues when he was manager. Absolute bell end

In case anyone hasn't read the quotes, here's what cabbage heed said about Rafa:

I’ve not tried not to change anything too much (from Benitez so far). We were far too open and tried to press the ball too far up the pitch and caused our own problems. We changed and it made us a little better.

Amazing considering Rafa had literally none of those issues when he was manager. Absolute bell end

Fucking hell that's lifting.

Fucking hell that's lifting.

So Bruce has admitted he doesn't know what to do with players except try to copy what a successful manager has done with them. Except he also doesn't know what Rafa did with them to make them work together.

I watched the full game today and we absolutely did not try to press the ball to far up the pitch, we sat far to deep and left one up front with no support, today's tactics were straight from 1990

What a cowardly twat :lol: