Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle United - 29/09/19 - post match from pg20

Disco

I know I’ve been banging on, but does this not p*ss anyone else off?

https://twitter.com/newcastlefanstv/status/1178360172311396352?s=21

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been f***ing toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

They're more interested in what people think of them rather than the state of the club. Look at me, I'm mental me man. 5 down and I'm still singing like a pua loop. Go and tell your mates how mental we were....

Nail on head. Got to top those loyalty points up though so they can do it all again at Chelsea in a few weeks time.

This craic is nearly as bad as that video like. This always happens at an away match and has done for years (do you ever go to away games)

It is all about the day. Fair enough if you want to have a go at the people who go to home games but this has always been the case at away games for as long as I can remember.

That’s not true, I’ve been amongst away fans that have turned very restless and angry in games like this. At other times, when it’s out of character (eg, under bobby, keegan, hughton) the crowd would be more quiet and disappointed. This here is a crowd with no expectations.

Wigan away under Allardyce was quite toxic. Ideal, given how quiet the Wigan fans were that day as they allowed us to be quite explicit in our disgust

The last 30 minutes of the second half of the Brighton game is all I've watched this season, no match of the day, not even radio footage. I was driving back from Birmingham (3hrs drive to where I live) when this game was on and only kept up to date by checking periodically on here.

The result was, as always, bitter sweet, scoffed at 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 but couldn't help for feel a tinge of hurt also. I don't think I'll ever truly "Not care", although I tell myself and others that it's more of a defence mechanism. I don't care in that it's not my team any more, it's Ashley Football Corperation now, but I care that this used to be my club and even in the dark days of Souness and Gullit, I still had some pride, now that's replaced by shame. I still get moments of anger but mostly that's turned to apathy, I just want our club back, whoever buys this club (I know, I know) will have bridges to build through no fault of their own, trust to repair for people to come back full time, I just hope this damage is not irreparable, I can't even tell you if it's repairable for me at this point. /rant

I feel unbelievably sad and hurt that the club I loved so dearly doesn't presently exist. I feel quite amused and somewhat vindicated by that despicable outfit getting absolutely battered by an ambitious club which - as an added sweetener - contains Ayoze Perez. It's everything the useless piece-of-shit individuals at the club deserve for willing and enabling it to fail and die: Ashley, Charnley, Bruce, whoever else has a director-type role, some fans. Fuck em all. 0-5, lovely old job. Hope it rots and the club I loved can re-emerge one day from its festering corpse.

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been f***ing toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

They're more interested in what people think of them rather than the state of the club. Look at me, I'm mental me man. 5 down and I'm still singing like a pua loop. Go and tell your mates how mental we were....

Nail on head. Got to top those loyalty points up though so they can do it all again at Chelsea in a few weeks time.

This craic is nearly as bad as that video like. This always happens at an away match and has done for years (do you ever go to away games)

It is all about the day. Fair enough if you want to have a go at the people who go to home games but this has always been the case at away games for as long as I can remember.

That’s not true, I’ve been amongst away fans that have turned very restless and angry in games like this. At other times, when it’s out of character (eg, under bobby, keegan, hughton) the crowd would be more quiet and disappointed. This here is a crowd with no expectations.

Wigan away under Allardyce was quite toxic. Ideal, given how quiet the Wigan fans were that day as they allowed us to be quite explicit in our disgust

I was at that game, "we're shit and we're sick of it" was loud as fuck, none of this pretending nothing is the matter like yesterday.

I was at that game, "we're shit and we're sick of it" was loud as fuck, none of this pretending nothing is the matter like yesterday.

12 years on, and I bet a fair few there that day were also at Leicester on Sunday...clearly not sick enough to pack in.

I was at that game, "we're s*** and we're sick of it" was loud as f***, none of this pretending nothing is the matter like yesterday.

12 years on, and I bet a fair few there that day were also at Leicester on Sunday...clearly not sick enough to pack in.

I dunno like, reckon the away support has changed since then. A shed load more coked up teens in the last few years for starters.

Wigan away under Souness in the League Cup springs to mind too.

Personally I'm not surprised there wasnt more rage shown, first time I can ever remember being on the wrong side of a drubbing and not feeling angry or down. Spent the best part of 15 years being furious and dont feel anything any more other than taking the piss

Personally I'm not surprised there wasnt more rage shown, first time I can ever remember being on the wrong side of a drubbing and not feeling angry or down. Spent the best part of 15 years being furious and dont feel anything any more other than taking the piss

My expectations for the match were fulfilled, which just confirms to me that the squad is characterless and I think if they go behind at home and the crowd turns we will see a few good hidings on Barrack road this season

I feel unbelievably sad and hurt that the club I loved so dearly doesn't presently exist. I feel quite amused and somewhat vindicated by that despicable outfit getting absolutely battered by an ambitious club which - as an added sweetener - contains Ayoze Perez. It's everything the useless piece-of-shit individuals at the club deserve for willing and enabling it to fail and die: Ashley, Charnley, Bruce, whoever else has a director-type role, some fans. Fuck em all. 0-5, lovely old job. Hope it rots and the club I loved can re-emerge one day from its festering corpse.

This is exactly how I feel also, just put better than I could manage.

Leicester away twice has been toxic.

When we lost 3-0 under Carver and a few months (or maybe 1 year) before when we went out in the cup to them.

Contrast that with our last two visits there and the away end has been in celebration mode, quite an eventful ground for us.

I was at that game, "we're s*** and we're sick of it" was loud as f***, none of this pretending nothing is the matter like yesterday.

I dunno like, reckon the away support has changed since then. A shed load more coked up teens in the last few years for starters.

It definately has, i started going away in about 2001 and stopped after the first championship season, there was a gradual increase of people who didn't seem to know what was going on or even CARE what was happening on the pitch, more bothered about goading home fans and "shoes off if you love the toon" and all that shite.

When i first started going those type were firmly in the minority, everyone was there, eyes fixed on the game SUPPORTING Newcastle, just seems like a bunch of coked up dafties now (mainly).

Could be talking about most away fans bar Liverpool, Manchester clubs and Arsenal.

What makes you mention those three?

Just from what I’ve seen and heard at games. Demographic hasn’t really changed, songs and attitudes haven’t really changed. Guess it’s harder to get tickets though, like it used to be for us.

Could you imagine Liverpool & Man U fans being dealt what we have and then have a laugh and dance about it?

They don't have a "were da best fans in da world" complex they need to fill to make up for the fact that the football club is shit.

Baffles me when I say people saying 'we need to do this' and 'we need to do that' when it's pretty fucking obvious what we need. Just stop talking about it and see the problem for what it is you fucking mongs.

Guest godzilla

Mind I knew Bruce was a joke but even I didn't realise how much. The way the players look totally lost and not knowing what to do is quite scary actually/

Mind I knew Bruce was a joke but even I didn't realise how much. The way the players look totally lost and not knowing what to do is quite scary actually/

It is exactly the way I expected us to be. It is exactly the way 90% of people would have expected us to be. We have an average squad and a terrible manager. I am unsure how anyone could think we could be anything more than shit. We are shit and unless we change manager before mid December we will go down.

I don't know everyone else, but our squad's pretty bad. Even our defenders were just made to look brilliant because of Rafa's organisation, and we got rid of our 2 best attackers. No doubt the manager is shite, but the squad isn't far behind.

It’s better than the 3 promoted clubs and Brighton bare minimum. Probably on par with Southampton and the like. Difference is Bruce.