Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle United - 29/09/19 - post match from pg20

Disco

Personally don’t have a problem with what the away fans are doing there.  It’s the home fans I don’t like. Still turning up. Putting money in Ashley’s pocket, talking about supporting the team, then booing them off when things go tits up.

Personally don’t have a problem with what the away fans are doing there.  It’s the home fans I don’t like. Still turning up. Putting money in Ashley’s pocket, talking about supporting the team, then booing them off when things go tits up.

I don’t think it’s about hitting him in the pocket anymore. If they’re going to go at all away, then they should be making it rotten against Ashley & Bruce, not singing that song like sheep and booing Ayoze Perez. Empty away ends would get people talking, it would be a huge statement.

The lack of financial support is a secondary.

It's the continuation of the negative media coverage that is going to see him off in the end. Even the trolls (Allardyce, Jordan, Souness etc) are helping to fuel the outrage. There is absolutely no way he hangs around if / when our local and national journalists properly turn on him. At the moment there is too many of them (unbelievably so) still sitting on the fence, even when we're staring down the barrell of a 3rd relegation in 12 years, having appointed yet another failed neverwas.

As far as not attending and continuing to 'whinge' or whatever, we just need to keep doing exactly that. If we all switch off then he wins, in my opinion.

don’t get me wrong both pressure and not giving money are important. Though for me not giving him money trumps pressure. The match day income is worth about 25m take that away and we instantly become 25 m more valuable to a potential buyer than we are to Ashley.

I don’t think it’s about hitting him in the pocket anymore. If they’re going to go at all away, then they should be making it rotten against Ashley & Bruce, not singing that song like sheep and booing Ayoze Perez. Empty away ends would get people talking, it would be a huge statement.

I agree with the booing Perez, and I think they'd be better off not going, but for those that do go, I don't expect them to drag Ashley's weight wherever they go.

I know I’ve been banging on, but does this not piss anyone else off?

https://twitter.com/newcastlefanstv/status/1178360172311396352?s=21

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been fucking toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

When the missus says she's stopping at her parents tonight.

:lol:

Didn't watch it. Laughed when I saw the result

I think I might be officially desensitized.

Haven't watched MOTD for the last three weeks. If we haven't got anything to play for, I tend to lose interest in the whole competition tbh.

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been fucking toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

They're more interested in what people think of them rather than the state of the club. Look at me, I'm mental me man. 5 down and I'm still singing like a pua loop. Go and tell your mates how mental we were....

Nail on head. Got to top those loyalty points up though so they can do it all again at Chelsea in a few weeks time.

This craic is nearly as bad as that video like. This always happens at an away match and has done for years (do you ever go to away games)

It is all about the day. Fair enough if you want to have a go at the people who go to home games but this has always been the case at away games for as long as I can remember.

That’s not true, I’ve been amongst away fans that have turned very restless and angry in games like this. At other times, when it’s out of character (eg, under bobby, keegan, hughton) the crowd would be more quiet and disappointed. This here is a crowd with no expectations.

It's disgraceful in the current circumstances. I don't remember them going on like this when we got hammered in better times past, so why now that the club is dying on it's knees, enabled by many of those people.

I wish Netflix were doing a documentary on us this season, it'd be a must watch. Our fans would probably rival Sunderland's for stupidity, though sadly not for anger.

Leicester has really done a good job from when they got promoted. They've got good players and play very good football.

They've managed to keep a good standard even if they've sold some players and changed managers a few times. Always seems to find new players that fits to their way to play.

Guess that's what's called ambition!

Must be happy days to be a Leicester fan.

Leicester has really done a good job from when they got promoted. They've got good players and play very good football.

They've managed to keep a good standard even if they've sold some players and changed managers a few times. Always seems to find new players that fits to their way to play.

Guess that's what's called ambition!

Must be happy days to be a Leicester fan.

Quality how they continued to grow after the title win as a club. They’re probably going to stay the size of an Everton or West Ham for a good while yet.

Yea, I normally think about Tottenham and Liverpool as good examples where they invest in a player and sell him on in order to improve the team. Leicester with Mahrez and Maguire to get in the likes of Soyunc, Maddison, Ndiddi, Barnes and Tielemans etc is also a really good example.

Put this match on at 4pm, about 4.15 Sky said "let's hear Steve Bruce's thoughts now". Suddenly twigged that I don't need this shit any more and turned it off.

Dammit, 48 years and this turns out to be the last straw. FFS, just chuckled when I clocked the final score. The constant drip-drip-drip has finally done it.