Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle United - 29/09/19 - post match from pg20

Disco

I know I’ve been banging on, but does this not piss anyone else off?

https://twitter.com/newcastlefanstv/status/1178360172311396352?s=21

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been fucking toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

When the missus says she's stopping at her parents tonight.

:lol:

This sums up how pathetic our braindead fans are fucking laughing and dancing at us after we are being drubbed and fucking humiliated. This pisses me off so fucking much how conditioned our sheep have become contrast this to 25 years ago fans being pissed off and confronting Keegan after Andy Cole was sold

Our fans are nothing short of a fucking embarrassment now and wuite frankly its fucking shameful that these clowns have paid good hard earned money and think its funny watching us get absolutely gubbed all while singing whos that team we call united

Before i jacked my ST i was at Spurs and while all around me were going mental at the shock win i couldn't bring myself to join in singing 'Who's that team we call United' when we're not United anymore. Nor could i sing 'We'll support you evermore' with any conviction when i was by now doubting i would support them ever more. It'll always be my club but i'm feeling nothing but apathy for it currently.

Guest neesy111

Our CM is absolute dire, it's amazing we did as well as we did the last 2 seasons considering it's championship standard.

Our CM is absolute dire, it's amazing we did as well as we did the last 2 seasons considering it's championship standard.

Was thinking this the other day. Also the utter insistence of playing Hayden and Shelvey, who retain the ball much worse than Longstaff and KI do.

It's no wonder we concede possession so much with Shelvey hitting it long and Hayden running down blind alleys.

At least when Diame played he would bulldozer players better than him.

Christ we are shit.

Rafa certainly made Hayden and Longstaff look fantastic compared to what they are producing now. I don't know whether it's Bruce confusing them as to their roles, or Rafa was just playing a formation which made them look much better than they really are.

That's where a good coach comes into play. Under Rafa he made them play it simple, the creative stuff came from the front 3, and even Lejeune & Schar. This season you see Hayden trying to get further forward which isn't his game...similar to Pardew trying to turn Tiote into Essien. A half decent manager not just top class managers would surely see that you just get those two to play it safe. Of course they'll still have limitations but if you set the team up to their strengths, they can still succeed.

In

Fancy your chances of achieving what though?

There'll be cloaches with ability who would see it as a stepping stone to another job. Expectations are so low they'd only have to finish above 17th to be seen as a success.

That's only success in NUFC world. The rest of football would see it as bang average and poor. Anyone with any common sense would look to Watford, Everton, Southampton et al as an opportunity to show what they can do because there, they'll be given the opportunity to.

In

There'll be cloaches with ability who would see it as a stepping stone to another job. Expectations are so low they'd only have to finish above 17th to be seen as a success.

That's only success in NUFC world. The rest of football would see it as bang average and poor. Anyone with any common sense would look to Watford, Everton, Southampton et al as an opportunity to show what they can do because there, they'll be given the opportunity to.

The rest of the football world thinks our squad is shit and doesn't try. If someone kept them up, they'd be seen as a success surely?

In

The rest of the football world thinks our squad is shit and doesn't try. If someone kept them up, they'd be seen as a success surely?

Personally, I don't think so.

With due respect to them, we aren't Sheffield United.

I think the uninformed will always tell us that given the size of the club, we should never be close to relegation.

I know I’ve been banging on, but does this not piss anyone else off?

https://twitter.com/newcastlefanstv/status/1178360172311396352?s=21

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been fucking toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

When the missus says she's stopping at her parents tonight.

:lol:

This sums up how pathetic our braindead fans are fucking laughing and dancing at us after we are being drubbed and fucking humiliated. This pisses me off so fucking much how conditioned our sheep have become contrast this to 25 years ago fans being pissed off and confronting Keegan after Andy Cole was sold

Our fans are nothing short of a fucking embarrassment now and wuite frankly its fucking shameful that these clowns have paid good hard earned money and think its funny watching us get absolutely gubbed all while singing whos that team we call united

Before i jacked my ST i was at Spurs and while all around me were going mental at the shock win i couldn't bring myself to join in singing 'Who's that team we call United' when we're not United anymore. Nor could i sing 'We'll support you evermore' with any conviction when i was by now doubting i would support them ever more. It'll always be my club but i'm feeling nothing but apathy for it currently.

Should be,

Where's that team we called United,

sports direct above the door,

well they played in black and white,

and Bruce is a load of shite,

were not coming any more.

I don't know like. Even under Ashley you can still make a career for yourself. Hughton had never managed before us yet he's made a living managing in the top 2 divisions the last 10 years, Pardew was finished before Ashley give him the job out of nothing. He was shite yet still did enough to hang around the Premier League for another 3 years or so which he'd not have had but for his time here. Pretty sure if a manager with actual talent came in and did anything he'd also improve his reputation here.

He just can't be a fan, he talks with no knowledge of our history and no sentiment for our fans, it's been evident from the first moments he was here. I have to assume he's played up his connection to the club because it's in his family history and the biggest job he'll ever get.

Rafa seemed to get the club more than Bruce does ffs.

Rafa is a geordie. Bruce is a cunt. Basically.

Longstaff needs a lot of coaching too.  He's just a kid for chrissakes.  Bruce throws him out there without a word I'll bet.

He probably says something Pardew would be proud of, such as "I bet you're shitting yourself, aren't you boy?"  :lol:

This 15 mins discussion re us on the Football Ramble daily thing today. Some fair comments but these people just don't really get it at all, really. People still talk about us like we're a real football club that isn't very good, as opposed to an insipid non-sporting institution that is seeking to fail and therefore can't be discussed in the same way as any other.

Other clubs are happy with what we are as it inflates their possibility of achievement. You will have everyone outside of Newcastle sticking up for Ashley as they would like to maintain our current non-status as a football club. My mackem friends now freely admit to this and Ashley is their delight with Bruce the icing on the cake....

Rafa certainly made Hayden and Longstaff look fantastic compared to what they are producing now. I don't know whether it's Bruce confusing them as to their roles, or Rafa was just playing a formation which made them look much better than they really are.

Without doubt the latter.

Longstaff needs a lot of coaching too.  He's just a kid for chrissakes.  Bruce throws him out there without a word I'll bet.

He's 22 in a month. Look at players in other teams of similar age in similar positions (Tielemans, Ndiddi, McTominay, Mount, Winks, Ndombele, Guendouzi, Torreira, Cantwell - probably forgetting someone) and it's pretty clear he's not where he would want to nor should be. So far this season I think he's looked out of depth and I struggle to put all of that down to coaching. Still young so there's still time of course.

He's 22 in a month. Look at players in other teams of similar age in similar positions (Tielemans, Ndiddi, McTominay, Mount, Winks, Ndombele, Guendouzi, Torreira, Cantwell - probably forgetting someone) and it's pretty clear he's not where he would want to nor should be. So far this season I think he's looked out of depth and I struggle to put all of that down to coaching. Still young so there's still time of course.

Everyone knew he needed to leave for the benefit of his career.

Experience just as important as age - all of those bar Cantwell and Mount have played a lot of senior football at a high level compared to Longstaff and even then have more under their belt with full seasons in the Championship. Longstaff has played fewer than 20 games.

He has struggled so far this term  - but coming back from his first gserious injury and playing in an absolute shower of s*** with no shape, direction or tactics must be very difficult. He’s started 4 games in that mess.