Forum maintenance and funding

Beren

As no one actually reads stickies:

The forum may be down on Wednesday morning for maintenance.

If you would like to contribute to the forum's coffers, you can make donations via PayPal to [email protected] - though if you do wish to donate, please please please do not overextend yourself.

By way of full disclosure, in terms of the forum's funding, though we have cash in the bank from historic donations, we are running at a deficit. The last month we are currently forecast to have a positive cash balance in is December 2020.

Of course, there is zero obligation or expectation on anyone to donate. :)

Do the monthly subscriptions still work through the forum?

We're not entirely sure tbh :lol: I think some of the functionality changed.

The PayPal route is a bit easier anyway tbh, and can be on the same subscription basis - one-off, or regular - cancellable from either side etc etc

I wonder what caught up with Dave first, the law or his conscience. Last I heard he was sunning it up in Jamaica with Ian W's donations.

Heard he used some of the previous money donated to have a solid ivory comb made for himself complete with a white gold case.

For those who were previously donating monthly and we asked to stop if you want to start up again that's possible with the new Paypal account. It was stopped when Dave was transferring everything out of his name to our new accounts.

To someone who is completely ignorant, but how much is the upkeep? “Don’t over-extend yourself” means different things to different people. I can finally contribute back pay for fifteen years use, but I don’t know what the going rate is...?

To someone who is completely ignorant, but how much is the upkeep? “Don’t over-extend yourself” means different things to different people. I can finally contribute back pay for fifteen years use, but I don’t know what the going rate is...?

Don't over extend yourself just means don't pay anything if it's in any way going to have consequences.  We generally receive more than enough from people, and thank you for that people, so don't feel guilted into donating.  If it's something you couldn't or wouldn't do just now, it's an ever lasting issue, feel free to donate in a few months time.  Just ultimately, don't give us anything if you're unsure or whatever, we're cool, we'll survive, don't tie yourself in knots over it. :aww: :bluf:

As no one actually reads stickies:

The forum may be down on Wednesday morning for maintenance.

If you would like to contribute to the forum's coffers, you can make donations via PayPal to [email protected] - though if you do wish to donate, please please please do not overextend yourself.

By way of full disclosure, in terms of the forum's funding, though we have cash in the bank from historic donations, we are running at a deficit. The last month we are currently forecast to have a positive cash balance in is December 2020.

Of course, there is zero obligation or expectation on anyone to donate. :)