Championship players

Guest Martin

Anal writes;

Glenn Roeder is ready to throw his hat into the ring for Southampton's highly-rated 17-year-old left-back Gareth Bale.

And the Newcastle United boss has admitted he is keen on another teenager - Derby County's attacking midfielder player Giles Barnes.

All this came out when Roeder was asked if, as reported last weekend, United were likely to be interested in Queens Park Rangers striker Ray Jones.

For Roeder replied: "The only two players I am interested in from the Championship are Giles Barnes and Gareth Bale.

"They are two outstanding talents and the sort of players we should be looking at. And by admitting our interest we are not giving away any secrets because a lot of top clubs fancy them.

So much for 'keeping his cards close to his chest' this transfer window.

We won't get Bale and it's doubtful we'll get Barnes. Spurs have alledgedly just bid £5m for Bale and Arsenal are lining up a bid aswell.

And Barnes is another right-winger. :?

I think Bale is going to be a big risk for whoever signs him. Think his goalscoring ability from free kicks has hyped the lad up a lot.

Indeed. Seen nowt from him but those superb free-kicks.

Stephen Carr scored a canny free-kick at Southampton n'all. :thup:

I think Bale is going to be a big risk for whoever signs him. Think his goalscoring ability from free kicks has hyped the lad up a lot.

Indeed. Seen nowt from him but those superb free-kicks.

Stephen Carr scored a canny free-kick at Southampton n'all. :thup:

TBH, his free kicks are consistantly good. Southampton are in the race for promotion but I havn't been following the Championship too much so can't comment on his defensive prowess

Guest Deep456

So much for 'keeping his cards close to his chest' this transfer window.

We won't get Bale and it's doubtful we'll get Barnes. Spurs have alledgedly just bid £5m for Bale and Arsenal are lining up a bid aswell.

Now you said that we probably will get Bale as your nearly always wrong. :lol:

Scratch that. He can play anywhere across the midfield and also just behind the front two. :lol:

Barnes is gonna be a really good player so i'd love to see us get a player of his calibre. I just wouldn't particularly want him in January, and wait for the summer. Unfortunate thing is that, come the summer, every man and his dog will be after him.

Big player (well 6ft) could work with Martins maybe?

Aye, he could work in the Sibi/Dyer role. Bonus is that, if we do get him in Jan, it's like two or three new signings put together - because he is so versatile and a very fit lad (will probably change when he steps out on our training pitch, like).

The concern is that he's unproven, and that's really what we could do without this season. Like i said earleir, i'd rather wait till summer but it'll be very difficult by then...

Barnes can actually play up front as well.  He did so in a friendly against Burton and scored a hat-trick when he was 17.  Going to be an unreal player, he's better than Huddlestone was at this age as well.  good signing however much we pay for him.

Barnes can actually play up front as well. He did so in a friendly against Burton and scored a hat-trick when he was 17. Going to be an unreal player, he's better than Huddlestone was at this age as well. good signing however much we pay for him.

Been waiting to hear your opinion on Barnes for a while now, mate. Derby are my Championship team if you like... but i only really read the results and statistics, etc.

Barnes can actually play up front as well. He did so in a friendly against Burton and scored a hat-trick when he was 17. Going to be an unreal player, he's better than Huddlestone was at this age as well. good signing however much we pay for him.

Been waiting to hear your opinion on Barnes for a while now, mate. Derby are my Championship team if you like... but i only really read the results and statistics, etc.

Oh aye.  I aint been to any games this season, since im back in the north east, but I'm going to get a ticket for the mackems away.  Billy Davies is a top manager in that league.  Better than the one we've got up here.

<3 Giles Barnes though.