Game of the decade

Troll

Only two months left until 2020, and I doubt Death Stranding or the new Pokemon will be a late challenger, so what are your favourite games of this decade?

For me it's hard to look past The Witcher 3.  Honourable mentions to The Last of Us, God of War, Mass Effect II, Persona 5 and Hearthstone.

Witcher 3 or Persona 5 for me. I can’t split them and spent an incredible amount of hours on both without ever really getting bored. I think I’ll more than likely go through Persona all over again when Royal comes out.

Also a curveball choice and a special mention to Stardew Valley. It was the only game me and my wife have played together properly in years and we played bits of it fairly consistently for well over a year.

Interesting question. These would be the games I've enjoyed most in no order:

Rocket League

Alien Isolation

Bloodborne

Dark Souls

Breath of the Wild

Hollow Knight

Undertale

Rimworld

Terraria

Portal 2

Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption

Celeste

Mario Odyssey

Divinity

As for best... In terms of staying power it's between Dark Souls and Rocket League, for me. I'm gonna go for Dark Souls, on the basis that it inspired the creation of at least two other games on that list, and that it feels the most timeless despite its flaws later on in the game.

One of my best mates and I smashing Portal 2 over the course of a day or so, right at the very end of uni when we were the only two left in the house - deffo one of, if not the best, gaming experience I've had with a non sports/competition game.

I don't play that many games. Still on the same Xbox 360 I bought in September 2009. I'd love to know how many individual games of FIFA I've played since 01.01.2010, multiplayer or single player/online or career mode. It'll easily be somewhere around 20,000 I'd think. Christ.

I’ve literally played about 3 games this decade :lol:

All the FIFAs, Star Wars Battlefront and Apex. Not sure any of those are in the running.

FIFA 10, FIFA 11, FIFA 12, FIFA 13, FIFA 14, FIFA 15, FIFA 16, FIFA 17, FIFA 18, FIFA 19, Star Wars Battlefront and Apex.

I count more than three.

GTA 5

Red Dead Redemption 2

The Last of Us

Alien Isolation

Portal 2

Beyond: Two Souls

Batman: Arkham City

Kerbal Space Program

Mass Effect 2

Fallout New Vegas

Those are stand outs for me but I've probably forgot some.

Depends how you rate it.

Surely it's either Dota 2, League of legends or Counter Strike: Global Offensive just based on the continuous popularity the games have had since the first years of the decade and still going strong.

If you rate it as a personal preference it's a whole other ball game though.

Bloody hell, This is a tough one

Games I've played a lot and enjoyed would probably be

Skyrim

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Dragon Age Inquisition

Fallout New Vegas

Saints Row The Third

Final Fantasy 15

Life is Strange

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

GTA V

Fable 3 (was that even this decade?)

Asassins Creed Odyssey

Mass Effect Andromeda (I know, I know)

Kingdoms of Amalur

Outer Worlds might just sneak on to my list near the bottom and Fallen Order I have hopes for.

So uh, I only really play RPG's now.

Red Dead Redemption 2

The Last of Us

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Mario Odyssey

Breath of the Wild

Xenoblade Chronicles

Probably forgetting many and haven't yet played many of the big hitters like Witcher 3, Persona 5 and God of War.

I’ve literally played about 3 games this decade :lol:

All the FIFAs, Star Wars Battlefront and Apex. Not sure any of those are in the running.

FIFA 10, FIFA 11, FIFA 12, FIFA 13, FIFA 14, FIFA 15, FIFA 16, FIFA 17, FIFA 18, FIFA 19, Star Wars Battlefront and Apex.

I count more than three.

Wahey!

Actually haven't played FIFA 19, so in your face.