Sheffield Utd 0-2 Newcastle Utd - 05/12/19 - Post-match reaction from page 18

Disco

I love the fact we can have three centerbacks out injured and defend like that. Absolute rocks.

This is the big story. We are stacked there.  :lol:

its bloody weird after coming to terms years ago that no matter what the defence would be a disaster to see a really solid set of cbs even with half of them injured

Rafas team would have sat on the 1-0 and draw that game

State of this stinking cunt, spends all day huffing his ma’s kegs before coming on here off his tits.

:lol:

Buckled, albeit anyone who that decision was made against would be raging.

Honestly didn't think it'd come down to goal or offside, given the linesman did flag. Thought there'd have been a drop ball.

Kudos to Shelvey for playing to the whistle and finishing it though. He knew what'd happen. Immediately pointed to his own baldy heed and made a "TV" square gesture to the ref.

As I said at half-time, a proper shithouse win. We were poor but took two half-chances.

I am surprised there haven't been more goals like that one and Kelechi's on Sunday for Leicester (though this probably would have been a goal regardless). The new rules are a big adjustment for defenders and linesman. It is easy for both parties to have a mental lapse when they have been trained a certain way for 20+ years. The main issue is the linesman putting the flag up for marginal offsides decisions, it creates nothing but confusion.

Was listening to a pod the other day which was saying linesmen are basically redundant and only add confusion.

I would agree with that sentiment, but the problem then becomes what we are meant to do when players are blatantly offside or goal hanging, which is difficult to see from the referee's position It would be farcical to continue the pattern of play if someone is 10 yards offside and will just lead to more goals overturned via VAR review. The only real solution is for the offside tech to be instantaneous of for the linesman to become competent, but these are equally unrealistic if we are being honest.

In light of that decision, I thought the same. But they are assistant referees, and as such have zones which they are responsible for.

Guest neesy111

Well, got to say maybe I was wrong about keeping the fat spanish waiter.  Good to see old british patriot Bruce leading the line.  Let's get brexit done!

You genuinely need your head checked if you're praising Bruce for that result. :lol:

Great tactical nous telling Dubs to go out there and have a worldie.

I mean it's cringe-worthy really.

I'll always give kudos for a good result, but we really are an awful side.