Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - 8/12/19

Greg

Worst half for a very long time, nothing football and being pushed on by a shite Southampton side.

Only crumb of comfort is we cant be as bad second half , surely.

A lot of the issues stem from the baffling decision not to play Schar or Lejeune. Three at the back are tragic on the ball and resort to the classic aimless punt up to an area vaguely near one of the front three. No composure at all.

Joelinton. I want him to live up to the price tag. I want him to be a world beater. But by god he’s such a timid player. He doesn’t take situations on with any ferocity.

You've nailed it there, like. There isn't a shred of aggression in anything he does. Plays like he's terrified of making a mistake.

Watched a couple of his Youtube comps earlier and he looks an absolute shadow of himself. It's hardly surprising... a poor start to a club is one thing, but the current environment does absolutely nothing to assist him out of what's presumably a pretty bad funk.

I keep banging on about it but we're trying to replicate a system which previously had three attackers who were absolutely perfect for one another. These three are not.

I agree with all of that, what would you do mate out of interest? I’m trying to fathom out how to change this as it’s not working with these 3 , genuine question.

A lot of the issues stem from the baffling decision not to play Schar or Lejeune. Three at the back are tragic on the ball and resort to the classic aimless punt up to an area vaguely near one of the front three. No composure at all.

How dare you say this. Bruceosaurus has been knowing stuff like this before the dinosaurs had dry ears.

Joelinton. I want him to live up to the price tag. I want him to be a world beater. But by god he’s such a timid player. He doesn’t take situations on with any ferocity.

You've nailed it there, like. There isn't a shred of aggression in anything he does. Plays like he's terrified of making a mistake.

Watched a couple of his Youtube comps earlier and he looks an absolute shadow of himself. It's hardly surprising... a poor start to a club is one thing, but the current environment does absolutely nothing to assist him out of what's presumably a pretty bad funk.

I keep banging on about it but we're trying to replicate a system which previously had three attackers who were absolutely perfect for one another. These three are not.

The three attackers who you describe as perfect for each other were not that great either by Premier standards. Just need to point that out.

I agree with all of that, what would you do mate out of interest? I’m trying to fathom out how to change this as it’s not working with these 3 , genuine question.

Stop sucking Mike Ashley's cock and demand some proper strikers. How about that?

The three attackers who you describe as perfect for each other were not that great either by Premier standards. Just need to point that out.

As in Rondon-Perez-Almiron? None of them were worldbeaters but the point I'm making is that they complemented each other extremely well.

Stop sucking Mike Ashley's cock and demand some proper strikers. How about that?

Who are you aiming that at ?

Worst half for a very long time, nothing football and being pushed on by a shite Southampton side.

Only crumb of comfort is we cant be as bad second half , surely.

Must be so frustrating knowing it's job done for the season if we win eh.

Hahahahaha ... I see we're back to blaming Joelinton for all our ills.

Get him off and put Carroll on again then so we can start playing the expansive football that comes with that.

The team sucks going forward and has all season. Deal with it. No striker will transform that until the approach play actually exists int he first place.

Hahahahaha ... I see we're back to blaming Joelinton for all our ills.

Get him off and put Carroll on again then so we can start playing the expansive football that comes with that.

The team sucks going forward and has all season. Deal with it. No striker will transform that until the approach play actually exists int he first place.

No, Ashley and the people who give him money are the cause of all our ills.

Joelinton is just a symptom. Not good enough.