Burnley vs Newcastle United Saturday 14th December (Kick Off 3pm No TV)

samptime29

What a team

Quite like it tbh. Got two strikers on the pitch, and I prefer the midfield of Longstaff and Hayden. Plus Schar and Ferdinand is better than Clark, it will improve the passing from the back.

Team I expected based on the injury comments.

Will Joelinton show anything today? Intrigued to see if any improvement playing off Carroll or if he is shit still?

Probably very low on confidence, but perhaps if he has a decent start in a more natural position then maybe he'll show something.

Don't get we wrong, but maybe Atsu will give us a bit more sustainable attacks? Did well last season when he came into the 1st team frame again. He's not even near as threatening as ASM can be but he's decent at keeping the ball. So maybe if he does well today that will allow some of the other players some time to come forward and in to play. Earlier we've only/mostly managed short bursted attacks with Almiron and ASM which has resulted in the front line looking extremely isolated in attack as the rest of the team hasn't had the time to get forward, or because of willingness/tactical reasons, I don't know.

Having said that, I guess it depends a lot on how much we hoof it.

Don't get we wrong, but maybe Atsu will give us a bit more sustainable attacks? Did well last season when he came into the 1st team frame again. He's not even near as threatening as ASM can be but he's decent at keeping the ball. So maybe if he does well today that will allow some of the other players some time to come forward and in to play. Earlier we've only/mostly managed short bursted attacks with Almiron and ASM which has resulted in the front line looking extremely isolated in attack as the rest of the team hasn't had the time to get forward, or because of willingness/tactical reasons, I don't know.

Having said that, I guess it depends a lot on how much we hoof it.

The only plus I can see from Atsu is maybe we will pass quicker as he's not as likely to run down blind alleys or piss about on the ball unnecessarily as Max would. That said, he'll give no trouble to their defence either, they will find it much easier to contain him than they would either Maximin or Almiron.