UK Politics: Generation Tory

“In 2010, we thought because they’d won the election, they’d won the argument about austerity – they hadn’t. We thought in 2015 because they’d won the election, they’d won the argument about welfare – they hadn’t. We mustn’t make that mistake again.”

Pretty much all I wanted to hear.

This is exactly what the likes of Kinnock are trying to do now with Brexit as well.

The same Kinnock’s who wanted a second referendum at every turn

Is that actually true, wasn't he one of the consistent soft Brexit people?

Reading that Guardian article it has to be Starmer at the moment, early in the campaign though it is, I'm on board. Bit concerned about his charisma and being seen as too middle-class, despite what he says about his parents in the article, but in terms of bringing the party together he'd be great.

Reading that Guardian article it has to be Starmer at the moment, early in the campaign though it is, I'm on board. Bit concerned about his charisma and being seen as too middle-class, despite what he says about his parents in the article, but in terms of bringing the party together he'd be great.

i'm checking out so not that bothered but if they appoint someone who can't appeal to the centrists they might as well turn the lights off tbh

Trumpson went to Eton, so if the 'working-class' can elect him, Starmer will be fine.

Of the likely runners and riders I think Starmer has a chance of winning an election. I don't think anyone else gains more than about 20-30 seats.

But sadly, because he's not a one-armed black lesbian wheelchair user single parent, he's not what the Momentum/Corbynite faction want to see at the helm, so his path will be blocked.

I mean, he's a Knight of the Realm, Queen's Counsel and incredibly intelligent and he still manages to empathise enough with the arse end of society to have altruistic tendencies, but it won't be good enough for the home-knitted jumper rebellion.

Of the likely runners and riders I think Starmer has a chance of winning an election. I don't think anyone else gains more than about 20-30 seats.

But sadly, because he's not a one-armed black lesbian wheelchair user single parent, he's not what the Momentum/Corbynite faction want to see at the helm, so his path will be blocked.

I mean, he's a Knight of the Realm, Queen's Counsel and incredibly intelligent and he still manages to empathise enough with the arse end of society to have altruistic tendencies, but it won't be good enough for the home-knitted jumper rebellion.

:lol: Fancying some attention today GM?

Hopefully that’s absolutely bollocks, which it sounds like it is.

:lol: Fancying some attention today GM?

:lol: As if that's not the sole reason for the existence of this forum? Or are you here for altruistic purposes, Jimbo?

Many thanks for the lovely welcome back after all these months, though.

• Rich changed the title to UK Politics: Generation Tory