UK Politics - Generation Tory

14 hours ago, Klaus said:

Can you see the Conservative party turning on the PM, the same way they did with Maggie? Personally I cannot 

The manipulation of the press is unprecedented AFAIK.

1 hour ago, kingkerouac said:

There is a lot of ammunition.

The 150,000 deaths

The 'who paid for his refurb'.

The involvement in the Daniel Morgan case.

The corruption around PPE contracts

The 'dragging their feet' over free meals for kids.

Their reduction of the recommended £15 billion to £1.5 Billion for schools 'catch-up'.

The 'paid for' holiday.

The absence from early CoBra meetings.

The 'inject me with Covid on live TV' moment

The 'Let the bodies pile high' moment.

The 'Fuck business!' moment.

These are literally off of the top of my head. There are quite a lot more.

People on here are maybe a little too young to remember how invincible Thatcher seemed in '87.

She was more like the Trump cult, than a traditional PM. No-one thought there was a chink in her armour.

The fact that all of the horrible stuff she had been given a 'free pass' by the press for the previous 8 years, was suddenly catching up was heartening.

Once most people - especially the red wall voters - find out what Johnson was 'really up to during the lockdown, his invincibility will quickly dissolve.

You've gotta be optimistic.

I am not disputing that there is plenty of reasons, that is precisely my point. They haven't turned on him after all his lies and mistakes up to this point, and nominated him to be leader through gritted teeth.

They couldn't care less about his record or common decency, as long as they have their safe seats and stay in power.

14 minutes ago, Sima said:

Dido Harding is considering applying to be head of the NHS.

What next? Ian Huntley in charge of Childline?

It'll be her or Failing Grayling.

5 hours ago, Sima said:

Dido Harding is considering applying to be head of the NHS.

What next? Ian Huntley in charge of Childline?

The idea of any Tory being charged with the welfare of children is worrying, tbh.

Doing her master's bidding.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/extinction-rebellion-protest-priti-patel-printworks-b1861106.html

If the cosy relationship the Tories have with Murdoch - Theresa May flew across the Atlantic to get her orders/meet with Murdoch before she did anything else when she was elected leader.

For balance, it took her 4 days to visit the families of the Grenfell bereaved.

On 05/06/2021 at 12:23, Darth Crooks said:

So gove and son were at champs league final in Porto - since return it’s drawbridge up for Portugal. Funny timing that like.

He needs doing in, like. Would love to have seen a plastic chair lobbed in between those fucking fish lips. Cunt.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Any cabinet minister who thinks that is worth commenting on in public should be immediately sacked. And possibly sectioned. 

Why? This is absolutely what the Tories want. Keep the public outraged about things which don’t matter so they completely ignore the blatant corruption and incompetence. 

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Why? This is absolutely what the Tories want. Keep the public outraged about things which don’t matter so they completely ignore the blatant corruption and incompetence. 

It doesn't help though, does it?

Well-intentioned young progressives are basically continuing to fuel the culture wars by giving the establishment the 'combustibles' to throw onto the pyre.

It's just a picture. get angrier about real injustices, why don't ya?

34 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

It doesn't help though, does it?

Well-intentioned young progressives are basically continuing to fuel the culture wars by giving the establishment the 'combustibles' to throw onto the pyre.

It's just a picture. get angrier about real injustices, why don't ya?

They don’t need or want there votes. The Tories have a coalition which is set. They are full divide and conquer as usual. 

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They don’t need or want there votes. The Tories have a coalition which is set. They are full divide and conquer as usual. 

Oh, I know.

But you can almost see them all at CGQ, reading through the papers each morning to find something that will rile their base, and they can usually find something from nothing, but this shite just handed them it on a plate.

I'm no fan of royalty, but is it really a hill worth dying on?

3 hours ago, Beren said:

Meanwhile in the Land of No Consequence...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57413115

Honest Bob Jenrick says the public don't care about this kind of dull bureaucratic nitpicking. Now about these posters...

I see Churchill's statue got vandalised last week btw and, well I never, turns out actually nobody gives a flying fuck about it when it's Chelsea fans doing it.