UK Politics - Generation Tory

It appears the new tech tax isn't all it appears (who'd a thunk it), according to Private eye the deal is structured in such a way that Google and Facebook will pay less than they do already.

Basically aye. A channel for true patriots who hate everything about Britain. Fuck knows how they've been given a broadcasting licence given that they've spent the last six months advertising their absurdly partisan agenda.

Labour/LibDems are dead regardless but I'll be mildly interested to see if they put forward people to go on it to be absolutely torn apart by presenters who, in many cases, genuinely want them to be fearful of their lives and will do and say anything to facilitate that.

If the left lot on socials weren't so hungry themselves for likes they'd completely ignore it but alas that hasn't and will never happen.

8 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Apparently the first 'present' was Neil Oliver - you'll know him as the long-haired Scottish presenter of BBC history programmes on BBC 4.

He started by saying 'At last, we can tell the truth'.

I mean, he was a historian, and presumably there is no censorship of archaeology, so where have the BBC suppressed a 'truth'?

Or is the money better?

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Good to know they're not news :lol:

I do feel my voice has been sidelined, so presumably they'll be covering a lot of progressive topics. 

I mean even a right-wing politician knows that all of this BBC 'woke' bias shit is purely manufactured.

Especially someone like Neil, who from personal experience knows that the only politician who consistently gets a 'free-ride' from the BBC is Johnson - second only to Farage

I can only assume that most journalists have been told to put a positive spin on it, because the truth is far darker.

I always found Andrew Neil to be good and impartial on the BBC. Remember Boris actually bottled his interview during the last Election :lol:.

Pity he has now sold his soul to become a propagandist. Everybody has their price I suppose.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, even though I find him quite annoying, I'm surprised he's lowered himself to this. Guess he's running out of money-making opportunities. 

This is what its about. They are monetising disinformation

Its gonna be awful. I just know that theres gonna have an opinion piece after opinion piece dressed up as news about BLM, vaccines, immagrunts and they'll say their balanced because they have the anti-racist/racist, vax/antivax views arguing with each other, as if the racist and antivax positions are legitimate positions.

I hope it ends up like the US cable networks stuff from a few decades ago that used to attract all sorts of fruits and weirdos.