UK Politics - Generation Tory

15 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Is kuensberg a card carrying Tory party member or just so ‘in bed’ with Johnson that she is unable to be balanced at all?

this interview with Cummings is cringeworthy.

She is batting massively to protect Boris and his pals here

Cummings may be a narcissistic twat but this is so one sided attack wise it’s annoying as hell.

Yeah, that was my take too.

Surely the story here was that the UK electorate elected a man who literally has no idea what to do, how to do it, and no ambition, other than to be Prime Minister.

The fact that this calamity has occurred at the same time as a worldwide health crisis, which has cost tens of thousands of lives - which Johnson nonchalantly dismissed with 'Let the bodies pile high' statement, is even more damning of him, not his 'helper'.

You can tell she's an ex-Murdoch employee. Everything is twisted into a tabloid style 'headline grabber'.

She was acting all outraged at the fact that Cummings was seemingly 'directing' the narrative, when the real story is, why wasn't Johnson leading, as was his job?

Kind of fascinating - the elected narcissistic idiot vs the unelected narcissistic technocrat - agreed with his analysis of, if not his methods. Broken system.

Edited by Darth Crooks

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

They're dicking around with the NI Protocol I see, again. 

We're demanding the EU change it, but to what? Have we come up with a magic solution using some vague "technology" that solves the contradictions? 

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Can't even intervene in a sexual assault case these days thanks to so called laws. Sickening what the left have done to England.

This is outrageous, like.

Like the 'fines' for electoral fraud - £20,000.

For a billionaire like Leave campaigner Aaron Banks, it was actually factored in to their costs, so that they could tell lies that they'd already paid for.

55 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

See Jess Phillips has a book out. There’s something seriously dislikable about her.

Was on BBC the other day saying MPs don’t have time to attend all commons debates because they’re so busy. Here she is releasing another book.

She’s an absolute knobhead.

Edited by Smal

47 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

We're demanding the EU change it, but to what? Have we come up with a magic solution using some vague "technology" that solves the contradictions? 

Doesn't look like it. Ireland/EU seem to have told them to fuck off anyway. 

So much bad faith with this lot you wonder when, aside from Brexit, it'll start to have negative impacts with other nations.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

So much bad faith with this lot you wonder when, aside from Brexit, it'll start to have negative impacts with other nations.

That Cummings interview, where he said that a couple of days after the election, Johnson came knocking, basically saying he didn't know what to do now, and could Cummings tell him.

This is absolutely shocking stuff, yet our media is acting like a dog being read an engineering diagram.

58 minutes ago, Disco said:

The majority of coppers/Masons are Tories anyway, so expect fuck all outcry from this.

Or indeed anything the government announce. As someone who was in London for the poll tax riots, I cannot believe how compliant this current generation of 20-30 year olds are.

5 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

Like the 'fines' for electoral fraud - £20,000.

For a billionaire like Leave campaigner Aaron Banks, it was actually factored in to their costs, so that they could tell lies that they'd already paid for.

Fines are essentially laws for the poors. If your'e rich they pretty much don't apply. Majority of the crooks on Wall St just factor the losses of the fines in and still bank.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Get in! Worked all through the pandemic putting my own and my families health at risk in situations where distancing and PPE often can’t be used. As thanks for that I’m getting a pay cut. Over the moon!

The  police federation as usual will do absolutely zero bout it. 

8 hours ago, BlueStar said:

I don't know if they have done already, but Labour need to be going all in on this and not letting go of it.

Why is the protocol not acceptable? What did you think it meant when you negotiated and agreed to it? You don't have a clue what you're doing do you? You won an election on the slogan getting brexit done but you haven't have you? Insert sarcastic comment about "oven ready deal." You've misled the electorate haven't you? You've let them down. How are you going to fix the mess you're making of Brexit? You don't know do you?

Over and over. On repeat.

They won't because they'll be too scared that it will be seen as criticism of brexit voters and they've previously been stung with that. But they really should because it's an open goal of a chance to be ramming home the point of how incompetent the current government are and unlike the pandemic it's a problem all of their own making.

On 20/07/2021 at 18:53, Lazarus said:

You know what i mean

I do, but your lack of concern for the truth alarms me. Our constitution is determined by precedent, and we've seen a shitload of precedents go unchallenged by the media in the past two years. This recent 'challenging' of Cummings is just another example of it. If he kept everything in the dark there is no long term gain to be had by him and his cronies.

12 hours ago, Disco said:

The EU have absolutely no reason to renegotiate. This current deal was done 7 months ago and the UK couldn’t be trusted to implement an agreement they helped create. Why would it be different with another agreement? The unionists will only be happy if the checks are done on the land border, anything else down the Irish Sea will not be accepted by them.

9 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I do, but your lack of concern for the truth alarms me. Our constitution is determined by precedent, and we've seen a shitload of precedents go unchallenged by the media in the past two years. This recent 'challenging' of Cummings is just another example of it. If he kept everything in the dark there is no long term gain to be had by him and his cronies.

Alarms you how?

I said if that new legislation comes to pass whereby embarrassing the government becomes a crime then we are longer a democracy.

We are a democratic society. My understanding is that, along with a few other things, when 'one man' has 'one vote' then we are a democracy. I know that the Queen is head of state and that parliament is a step below on the rungs of power, but we are.

Part of a democratic society is having a free and open press. Criminalising journalistic investigation when it embarrasses our 'betters' will remove one of those pillars that a democratic society stands on.

6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Alarms you how?

I said if that new legislation comes to pass whereby embarrassing the government becomes a crime then we are longer a democracy.

We are a democratic society. My understanding is that, along with a few other things, when 'one man' has 'one vote' then we are a democracy. I know that the Queen is head of state and that parliament is a step below on the rungs of power, but we are.

Part of a democratic society is having a free and open press. Criminalising journalistic investigation when it embarrasses our 'betters' will remove one of those pillars that a democratic society stands on.

They are currently rewriting the constitution, did you get any say on it?