UK Politics - Generation Tory

17 hours ago, Klaus said:

:anguish: :lol: she's probably right tbh

Really?

They've had pay freezes and pay cuts for years.

The NHS did pretty good during the pandemic.

Teachers - I have no recent experience, so can't comment.

Police - Their numbers were cut so much by BJ when Home secretary that they're struggling.

It's all on this amateur government.

8 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

Really?

They've had pay freezes and pay cuts for years.

The NHS did pretty good during the pandemic.

Teachers - I have no recent experience, so can't comment.

Police - Their numbers were cut so much by BJ when Home secretary that they're struggling.

It's all on this amateur government.

I know this, but it doesn't mean most of the public don't hate them.

56 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Any videos of the abuse? Just wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions based on a tweet that states "some" were verbally abused. Verbal abuse could be anything, and some could be two.

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Any videos of the abuse? Just wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions based on a tweet that states "some" were verbally abused. Verbal abuse could be anything, and some could be two.

Well said prick.

There's no video of this either :lol:

3 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Fucking hell you’re a right gimp 

When you think that Labour lost two elections due to the following

• Calling a bigoted old woman 'A bigoted old woman'
  • Leader eating a bacon sandwich 'incorrectly'

It's mad all of the shit that passes these days.

19 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Ed’s really good now, shame he’s already blown his leadership chance. 

Ed was good before as well. It's almost as though they get surrounded by self-serving wankstain advisers when they take leadership.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Ed was good before as well. It's almost as though they get surrounded by self-serving wankstain advisers when they take leadership.

They're always terrified of saying anything interesting or controversial in case it upsets this voter or that voter, and any personality they do have completely vanishes. It's basically the complete opposite of Johnson, who is entirely personality and nothing else.

This is absolutely my favourite Ed moment.

I routinely use the phrase “sit down and get around the table” with my wife whenever I want to take the piss out of someone we meet who is just a lightweight middle-of-the-road character. It’s a shame as I really like Ed now, but I hated him as leader 

Part of why Ed is so good now is because he doesn't have the baggage of his ambition anymore. No point wishing him leader, he'd be back to his old leader self in no time at all. 

31 minutes ago, Smal said:

Yeah, and as Wullie says, he was also lacking courage of his convictions and wasn’t prepared to be as forceful with his principles as he needed to be. 

17 hours ago, Sima said:

When you think that Labour lost two elections due to the following

• Calling a bigoted old woman 'A bigoted old woman'
  • Leader eating a bacon sandwich 'incorrectly'

It's mad all of the shit that passes these days.

Labour didn’t really lose because of those reasons though did they?

the 2010 election was lost in part because of the lies of Cameron and Osbourne surrounding the economy, and also the left vote being split between Labour and the Lib Dems( thanks Clegg).

in 2015, those lies we’re still used as a battering ram to beat Labour with. Not to mention fears over a coalition government with the SNP.The stories used the Lib Dem’s as a shield expertly too. Those bacon sandwich headlines were annoying, but I think (hope) they only played a small part in the Tories victory.

Edited by Rafalove