Jump to content

UK Politics - Generation Tory


Recommended Posts

When you see how much money these tax rises raise it really does put some of the money we spunk up the wall in perspective.

 

I was reading yesterday about how we've spent £5.5 billion developing a new tank that's currently too loud to use because it'll make the soldiers deaf. Tens of billions on track and trace and PPE for their mates. HS2 projected to cost £100 billion etc etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Land value tax, you have absolutely spoke about it in the past. Wasn't at all trying to be a dick.

Yeah I have just never used the acronym, always just called it land tax[emoji38]. Wouldn't say so much a fan but it definitely should be looked at even if only as a part of general taxation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

When you see how much money these tax rises raise it really does put some of the money we spunk up the wall in perspective.

 

I was reading yesterday about how we've spent £5.5 billion developing a new tank that's currently too loud to use because it'll make the soldiers deaf. Tens of billions on track and trace and PPE for their mates. HS2 projected to cost £100 billion etc etc. 

 

HS2 costs are comical, I'm a big believer in trains but not at any cost.  Japan are building a Maglev line for not much more than HS2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

When you see how much money these tax rises raise it really does put some of the money we spunk up the wall in perspective.

 

I was reading yesterday about how we've spent £5.5 billion developing a new tank that's currently too loud to use because it'll make the soldiers deaf. Tens of billions on track and trace and PPE for their mates. HS2 projected to cost £100 billion etc etc. 

 

You got a link for that tank story? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As always social care will receive a pittance in comparison to the NHS, despite being the best way to prevent unnecessary costs to the NHS.

 

Not surprised the working class are funding it all either. 

 

It’s staggering how lame Labour are right now to allow these conmen to remain in power.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoyed me a lot today’s announcement, I have worked my arse off through Covid, taking risks every day, no working from home, no furlough. Since then my pay has been frozen and now an increase in tax. There’s so much waste going on, I see it every day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

Annoyed me a lot today’s announcement, I have worked my arse off through Covid, taking risks every day, no working from home, no furlough. Since then my pay has been frozen and now an increase in tax. There’s so much waste going on, I see it every day. 

 

They aren't bothered about upsetting people like me or you. We all knew to fix social care it would require higher taxation, but it was never going to be from capital gains, dividends, or a wealth tax God forbid :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Social care workers I feel really sorry for. Been exposed to the same risk as NHS staff without the same level of PPE, on a fraction of the pay and they get a pay freeze and tax hike as a thank you. 

 

It’ll all be worth it though when they use the new money to create some new Executive roles in the NHS to sit in ivory towers making crap decisions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Klaus said:

 

They aren't bothered about upsetting people like me or you. We all knew to fix social care it would require higher taxation, but it was never going to be from capital gains, dividends, or a wealth tax God forbid :rolleyes:


Fair point I suppose. I’m fed up with working harder and harder whilst my living standards get worse and worse.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching Newsnight and the whole things sounds like a total crock of shite. Doesn’t seem to address any of the issues faced any time soon either. 

 

Voters will love it though. Punishing the young/less well off and coupling it with money taken away from education/families. Gold dust. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think this tax rise is gonna piss off a lot of people. Especially when the UC cut comes in. Things like the Williamson story the majority of the population won't get to hear about. Seeing their take home pay decreased on the other hand...

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cf said:

You'd think this tax rise is gonna piss off a lot of people. Especially when the UC cut comes in. Things like the Williamson story the majority of the population won't get to hear about. Seeing their take home pay decreased on the other hand...

The 'newspapers' are calling it 'Johnson's gamble'. Essentially a peacetime PM is taking money from the lowest paid, and then waiting to see if he gets away with it.

So it's alright to practice deceit and larceny as long as you're a member of the blue party, Jesus wept.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...