UK Politics - Generation Tory

43 minutes ago, TBG said:

Meh, it kept the tax rise being the top story on BBC news this morning.

It'll be all round the Black Garter now that immigrants can now be torpedoed.

Hail Boris and our sovereignty.

The good thing is the tax story being buried doesn't matter all that much. They can try and hide it all they like but that won't stop people noticing that they are suddenly getting paid less.

On 30/07/2021 at 02:25, Disco said:

:indi: Howay the Stalinists.

sorry to bring this up again but absolutely nothing was done about it. The Labour Party didn’t even kick up a fuss. I’m convinced now, that Starmer needs to go too. How can we just let this happen?

Edited by Rafalove

43 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

sorry to bring this up again but absolutely nothing was done about it. The Labour Party didn’t even kick up a fuss. I’m convinced now, that Starmer needs to go too. How can we just let this happen?

Because we are totally apathetic or just cowards. I'm not sure which it is and not sure sure which is worse tbh.

We really could learn a lot from the 'cheese eating surrender monkey' French who are out in the streets at the first sign of their Gov doing something disagreeable.

I would get behind a series of 1 day national strikes if they could be arranged - solely with the aim of expressing our collective dissatisfaction with the current Gov.

I know itll never happen though. :sad:

36 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

1.6 million still on furlough.  Jeez.  That's a lot for a scheme that's ending in a few weeks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if companies were taking advantage of the system. I know mine is.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

There's a terrible strain of "don't rock the boat" with Starmer. Not sure if him, or advice, but I don't know how they can look at his personal ratings, and not be terribly fucking worried. Unless, of course, they've actually no intention of trying to win the next election, and that's what it is. You can get into all sorts of conspiratorial thinking about that, but Stephan Smith from the FT said it best, they're burning it down, to raise it up as a centrist party again. Largely in the genuine belief it'll work, but also a complete refusal to consider all the evidence across the globe, and in our own country over the last ten years. 

They'll probably end up being proven right, because we will reach a tipping point with the Tories when people just decide they want a change. When they got into power in 2010, always reckoned that was them until about 2025, in power, then we'll get sick of it. Still do. 

We're more focussed on a rerun of the 80s, than the 90s. Even Kinnock has warned that Starmer is going about it all wrong, "you need the base". He should know, given his time in power at Labour was actually an unmitigated disaster where it took another 12 years before we got back in due to his, well intentioned, but dramatic speech in 1984. If trash your party publicly, you lose.

6 hours ago, Klaus said:

Only a matter of time before we just start shooting them tbh

I can just imagine Priti Patel recreating the scene on full metal jacket where the crazy gunner in the helicopter indiscriminately shoots women and children. I genuinely think that as a person she is so awful that if she could get away with it she would. 

5 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

'What? You mean you're taking more money from my hard work but allowing the wealthy tax-avoidance to carry on on an industrial scal...hey! Look over there! Immigrants!'

Exakerly!

Burnham is far from ideal, what with not being an MP, but at least he can read a room. Hope he keeps this up, hope he's the one to push a challenge. Be interesting to see them HARD LEFT him. Starmer and his team need to go, or at least a challenge to get them to wake the fuck up. 

He’s such a fucking wet drip, non entity of a spineless cunt like. No backbone whatsoever, Labour should be sweeping up after this farce of how Boris and co have behaved over this pandemic and beyond and he’s literally did fuck all, he’s basically like Charnley as our MD. Labour may never recover from this.

8 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

He's sinking like a rock. He's basically about as competent as Corbyn was. Fuck him, get someone that can actually conduct an interview. 

Corbyn at least had morals, cared and had his convictions, but he was too ‘controversial/disruptional/stubborn’, this cunt us just absolutely an empty vessel. Nothing there whatsoever, what a waste of his position and time as ‘leader’.

Why should we fucking put up with this after the way those wretched fucking cunts behaved for 5 years? People are in desperate need of help, but you know what, that's not the problem, they, we, need hope. And that stupid bloated face cunt is nearly 60 and hasn't even got a basic, vague vision for his country. He's a fucking joke. 

57 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

He's sinking like a rock. He's basically about as competent as Corbyn was. Fuck him, get someone that can actually conduct an interview. 

Jesus - he doesn't give you any confidence that he's telling you what he thinks is best. It's like he's reading from a script and has zero ideas and thoughts of his own.  When he talks it's like static / white noise.  I thought he could be the one to tear the Tories down using barrister style cunning and quick thinking, but he seems a fucking omnishables at communicating ideas and policy. 

Why does the media focus so much on binary options? Weath tax or income tax. Why not a hybrid of both? Or raise cash from income tax now, phase it down with a wealth tax that will clearly take a longer time to work out and generate revenue.

Kier doing a classic Corbyn there, instead of saying "yes, a wealth tax" to her question and shutting her up from the off, he gets drawn in to the classic repeatedly being asked, asking why he's ignoring the question and looking shifty, even though his response is a yes implied.  Corbyn did it all the time with condeming IRA or anti-Semitism. Just didn't shut it down and do it from the off. He'd answer it in some long winded way that allowed space to be challenged repeatedly for not doing the obvious of condeming it short and fast.

Edited by hakka

17 minutes ago, hakka said:

Jesus - he doesn't give you any confidence that he's telling you what he thinks is best. It's like he's reading from a script and has zero ideas and thoughts of his own.  When he talks it's like static / white noise.  I thought he could be the one to tear the Tories down using barrister style cunning and quick thinking, but he seems a fucking omnishables at communicating ideas and policy. 

Aye, I bought into him like, I don't understand what the fuck is going on. Surely this can't be it? You see glimpses every now and again of what maybe he could be or what I hoped he could be. Just a total non-entity for 99% of the time.