UK Politics - Generation Tory

5 hours ago, neesy111 said:

I'll say this again, the lack of talent in labour's shadow bench is startling.  Definitely a problem from the new labour days.

Then you have a look at the actual cabinet. It’s totally diabolical. 

As bad as we are, pretty convinced that'll never happen. Although it could be used as a pressure tactic by Reform UK or something to toughen up our immigration laws even further. Seeing as they're picking up half the Tory slump in the polls this week. 

Therese Coffey rolled out this morning to talk absolute shite I see.

Her solution to the £86 a month hole left in people's finances over the UC cut and the tax rise was to 'work about an extra 2 hours a week at minimum wage level'. 

No mention of the taxing of that extra wage, or the knock-on costs in childcare, etc. 

Or that employers don't just hand extra hours out like toffee.

I'm leaning more towards that they just don't care rather than they don't know.

One of her other solutions was to 'get a better job'.  Oh aye, what then happens to the poor fucker that fills their old role then?  Are they allowed to be subjected to the same situation?

32 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Of course they don't care. Coffey is up there with Patel for being a proper cunt.

It's just what a lot of people are like in the south-east.

When your life turns out exactly as your parents planned - with no bumps in the road - I would imagine you assume 'Well, why isn't everyone else as successful as me?'

It shows us why our elected representatives should be exactly that  - representative.

37 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

:lol: 

He should never be listened to again. He had full control over his project and it has failed miserably. 

Isn’t his problem that he didn’t have full control? Some Australian guy was overruling him and bringing in the likes of Farage as presenters.

Fair enough if true. He still went to bat for it, claiming it would be great, eventually succeed etc, even whilst on his 'vacation', pretending he was still coming back whilst everyone clearly knew he was going to leave. That would still render him a cunt not worth listening to anymore. 

Get him to do the important interviews and stuff, but as far as a host with opinions, he should be in the bin. This Week was a regular embarrassment to the nation ffs.