UK Politics - Generation Tory

Going back a few years now but my experience was that there was as big a gap between the affluent (this who worked in the oil industry) and the lower working class/destitute than I have ever seen elsewhere.

Edited by Sima

Aye, there's plenty of middens all over the city. Pretty much no city in the western world is all over rich. They need the plebs for the grunt work after all.

My mate works for Aberdeen FC's local outreach thing, and the stories he has told me on occasion are miserable. A quick google says nearly a quarter of the city lives under the poverty line, so come on now, hold back on the OTT generalisations. 

31 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

Aye, there's plenty of middens all over the city. Pretty much no city in the western world is all over rich. They need the plebs for the grunt work after all.

My mate works for Aberdeen FC's local outreach thing, and the stories he has told me on occasion are miserable. A quick google says nearly a quarter of the city lives under the poverty line, so come, hold back on the OTT generalisations. 

Also a big drugs and drink problem there too. 

Like someone says in that thread, she answers the question by saying every situation is unique.

But that didn't stop her spouting her two hours shite as if it was uniform, did it?

After their fire and rehire policy, they are probably seen as the perfect business.

Likewise for Coffey, if she is seen to

be even showing the slightest of empathy or humanity it will lose her votes. Her voters  demand anyone in receipt of public money be severely punished.

54 minutes ago, Disco said:

After their fire and rehire policy, they are probably seen as the perfect business.

Likewise for Coffey, if she is seen to

be even showing the slightest of empathy or humanity it will lose her votes. Her voters  demand anyone in receipt of public money be severely punished.

She has no empathy. Horrible woman.

A tentative step in the right direction from Keir today. Much work to do to get the left back on board, but it at least it was something. Unfortunately, his lies over the Corbyn suspension is likely to murder him. 

12 hours ago, BlufPurdi said:

My mate works for Aberdeen FC's local outreach thing, and the stories he has told me on occasion are miserable. A quick google says nearly a quarter of the city lives under the poverty line, so come on now, hold back on the OTT generalisations. 

Look, I know that really, I was just being a bit daft based on my experience of nights out up there. Like anywhere in Scotland there are pockets of vast wealth contrasted with extreme poverty. 

Can't keep pretending this report isn't important. Get it out, deal with the cunts, you might just fix the party or go some way towards it. But he can't, because they're all minions of Mandelson. He's tied himself in too many knots. 

Agreed, I remember being at Uni here and loads of rich Aberdonians talking shite about "Scumdee" and Glasgow neds and all that shit, and without knowing much about Scottish culture and politics at the time, kind of going along with it as an 18 year old trying to fit in. You then grow up and spend 17 years living and working in Glasgow and you realise how arrogant and entitled those views are...and for what? A city that has very little to offer in comparison to the places they were shitting on. Oh and yeah, the entitlement definitely extends to their views on football. Weird city, not a fan, very aggro night out too.